[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbomb3

Reaction score
I flashed it over the OTA. Works. 1 percent battery reporting works too.

Sent from my DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
What gb leak or ota do you have that is 2.3.5? Even the ota gb on the d2/dx is 2.3.3

Cm7, miui and liquid are 2.3.5

CM7GB-D2

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The latest open source os is 2.3.5 ....as stated by ldopa...

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!
I am the biggest Pink Floyd fan...btw...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What gb leak or ota do you have that is 2.3.5? Even the ota gb on the d2/dx is 2.3.3

Cm7, miui and liquid are 2.3.5

CM7GB-D2

Have you tried the latest miui? I'm finna try it after my last appt...
Yup I said finna...lmao

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
yea, im on CM7 with the 2.3.5

I love the rom, it has everything ive wanted, but the battery life is AWFUL.

Ive turned off syncs, keep brightness down, wifi/bt/gps off, all the tricks

for example:
i went to bed about 12:00am today at 70%, woke up at 7 and it was at 50%, by noon it was at 20% and that was barely doing anything other than a text here and there AND this is with the BP7X extended life battery (maybe my battery has gone bad). I have also done the battery stats wipe twice and that was no help.

I used liberty 2.0 on froyo for the longest time and really liked it, just wanted to try something new. Honestly i do like most of CM7 better, but the battery killer is a huge deal for me so im hoping to go back to Liberty, but keep GB.

still also debating on getting a bionic but the fact the display looks worse (pixelated/grainy) than my D2 its holding me back.

EDIT: now im really starting to wonder if my battery is going bad. I put it on the charger 3 hrs ago when it was at 20% and its now at 40%.

Last edited:

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
ok so i rebooted after that and it shot up to 60% then finally charged to 100%

after that i booted into recovery to check something (forgot what already lol) when i rebooted and got back into the phone the battery was at 70%!
Been charging for 2 hrs and its only at 80%. wth is goin on?! please tell me its just a bad battery lol.

nailbomb3

Reaction score
Have you tried the latest miui? I'm finna try it after my last appt...
Yup I said finna...lmao

I ran MIUI for a minute. Hated it lol.....

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
so no one ever answered, should this work on 2.3.5. Id rather try not to SBF again if i can avoid it lol.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
so no one ever answered, should this work on 2.3.5. Id rather try not to SBF again if i can avoid it lol.

I just went back to look at some of your prior posts. Did you flash CM7 right from Liberty 2.0? I am assuming you flashed an official CM nightly which you need to be on froyo for. If you did then you will need to get on GB before you can flash Liberty GB, it can be a leak or the OTA.

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about checkin out ole trusty V0.9 again.....

CyanogenMod 7 ®© CyanogenMod7

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
I just went back to look at some of your prior posts. Did you flash CM7 right from Liberty 2.0? I am assuming you flashed an official CM nightly which you need to be on froyo for. If you did then you will need to get on GB before you can flash Liberty GB, it can be a leak or the OTA.

not quite. I had to update to the 2.3.5 gingerbread that i found in one of the CM7 D2 threads. Then i installed CM7 and G apps.

EDIT 1: now im curious if the 2.3.5 is what is giving me probs, the only one i see people using is 2.3.3. What the hell is 2.3.5 and where did it come from? Another question i have is I noticed the kernel changed. With the D2 having a locked kernel, where did the new one come from...the 2.3.5 update or CM7?

EDIT 2: something else i just found interesting. I went and looked at the info i used to update. The 2.3.5 file i used actually said 2.3.20 when i downloaded it. How come now on the phone it says 2.3.5?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.