[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Ok. You need to follow the instructions on the first page of this post. They will explain how to correctly install Liberty GB. You will need to be rooted and if you are not yet I suggest searching for Z4root and using that to root your phone. It is no longer available on the market, but a copy can be found by searching the forums or doing a Google search. Read all of the directions carefully before you attempt to do anything to your phone as you could end up stuck and wasting a lot more time than necessary to get this ROM installed. A few minutes may save a few hours. Good luck and enjoy Liberty! It is a great ROM that I enjoyed on my D2 for quite a while.

MisterMartian

Reaction score
Ok. You need to follow the instructions on the first page of this post. They will explain how to correctly install Liberty GB. You will need to be rooted and if you are not yet I suggest searching for Z4root and using that to root your phone. It is no longer available on the market, but a copy can be found by searching the forums or doing a Google search. Read all of the directions carefully before you attempt to do anything to your phone as you could end up stuck and wasting a lot more time than necessary to get this ROM installed. A few minutes may save a few hours. Good luck and enjoy Liberty! It is a great ROM that I enjoyed on my D2 for quite a while.

My bad. I had a total brain fart when I was trying to install this Rom. I have 2 droid phones and one of this I unrooted because I'm sending back to Verizon... so the whole time I was trying install them on the unrooted phone.

Now I do have a problem with the volume coming from my earpiece. It sounds like someone is standing on the other side of the room, whispering at their phone.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
My bad. I had a total brain fart when I was trying to install this Rom. I have 2 droid phones and one of this I unrooted because I'm sending back to Verizon... so the whole time I was trying install them on the unrooted phone.

Now I do have a problem with the volume coming from my earpiece. It sounds like someone is standing on the other side of the room, whispering at their phone.

Restart your phone. Should fix the low volume issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

erisdoes

Reaction score
I'm on cm7 from the ota gb.. do I need to sbf to froyo to use this or can I just flash? This is going to be my second flash on this phone I come from the htc incredible scene that is COMPLETELY differeny!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

AAProdz

Reaction score
Now Running v0.8, I tried to install the 0.9 but the clockwork recovery error'd out, I probably did something wrong, but anyway. Liberty is a great rom, very user friendly, and so much fun to customize, definitely the best rom on the market. [:

Kamokazi

Reaction score
Does Liberty work with the GB-OTA?
Nope

Maybe I am misinterpreting something, but I had been running Liberty 1.5 since April and I just flashed to Gingerbread v0.8 today, and I did it comign from the OTA updated GB.

Here is the procedure I used:

1) Used ezSBF ISO to go from Liberty 1.5 to Stock Froyo
2) Wiped Data and Cache
3) Updated to GB using the OTA system update.
4) Factory Reset from Settings
5) *228 Option 1
6) Root and Bootstrapped
7) Wiped Data
8) Installed Liberty GB v0.8

And it's working great, so I am not sure if you meant something else, or I got lucky, or what.

Inelastic

Reaction score
Liberty GB is based off the leaked version of GB, not the official. It has been out long before the official came out. It's recommended to install over the leaked version because of this; and why people generally say no. But, there probably wasn't a big change between the leaked and official GB, so it's entirely possible that it works.

Jrummy has mentioned (on Twitter) that he will continue to work on Liberty GB after he finished updating his apps.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course its based on the leak, but the guy above said it worked on the ota, which I found surprising.

Kamokazi

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely got my GB OTA, no question about that (was regretting not sbfing the newer version while I waites for it to download...). I didn't realize Liberty was still running off the leaked version, figured it had been updated by now. I haven't noticed any issues yet, even installed a theme and tweaked a bunch of stuff with ROM toolbox. Maybe my OCD data wiping helped, I dunno. If I notice any wonkiness I will report back.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The same thing happens for DX ROMs so far. If you flash a ROM that is based off an older OTA or leak then you are currently on it has been working. You will retain the newest radio and kernel, the ROM just downgrades your system version. We have been successfully restoring back ups from various versions as well. For the DX while on the .602 OTA we can restore .595 and .596 ROM back ups and then go back to a .602 one. I do not remember the D2 numbers but same rules SHOULD apply. But as I always say be ready to go with an SBF in case something gets borked.

nailbomb3

Reaction score
Good to know I'd like to try liberty so

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.