[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
well good sir all i have to say to you is NI! and try being a college student paying his own cell phone bill...100$ a month f**k that...and extra strain? for something that i only use maybe MAYBE 1 day a month total only if i dont have internet at the moment. why pay 30 for something that is used less than the channel button on my tv.(not the remote). only 30$ a month...do you know what world we live in have you ever lived without mommy and daddy paying bills?

konellaz

Reaction score
30 a month is chump change.. Even when I was in college working to pay for college. I pay my 30 a month to use it as little or as much as needed with out a hand out.

Wrong place for this.. I'm done..you want to debate pm me.. This is about roms

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joeonetime

Reaction score
Did the install, coming from CM7 today - hope this helps ppl that are struggling:

1. SBF'ed back to Froyo using VRZ_A955_2.3.20
  2. Took the OTA Update to GB (took forever, even over wifi)
  3. Rooted (Using OneClickRoot)
  4. Installed Clockwork Recovery
  5. Bootstrapped Recovery, Booted into Recovery, wiped cache and data (factory reset)
  6. Installed Liberty from the zip on my SD card
Worked like a charm! Really excited to get in and start playing around - hopefully battery life is better than CM7

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find ssome themes for liberty 3

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dudemansir

Reaction score
Really loving this rom so far. Much less FCs over CM7. Battery life is quite impressive so far. I think the Power Strip in notifications needs some work. Smaller icons maybe. Definitely need a "long press enter settings" addition there. Also we really should be able to customize this strip at this point in Droid 2 romming. Would love a brightness toggle there and sound options to include Vibrate, Sound, Vibrate/Sound, Silent.

Skidoo03

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently on the latest Liquid Smooth rom and I want to try Apex. Can I just wipe all three then flash over? This isn't based off of froyo right? Also how is the battery life compared to Liquid? Thanks in advance.

RJT185

Reaction score
Reporting back, after a few weeks using Liberty (RC and Stable).

- I'm still experiencing a delay on GPS lock, it definitely works, but at least with Navigation it takes a couple minutes before my "route" is shown and started.
- If I open/close the keyboard a bunch of times in succession, it tends to do a soft reboot, I find this to be really weird.

I did do away with LP, and am just using GO Launcher. May even just stick with Liberty's own launcher. But GO is playing a lot nicer than LP. I like the battery life and I like the stability. The phone just feels "sharper" on Liberty than it did on CM or Stock.

tjarvis

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently on the latest Liquid Smooth rom and I want to try Apex. Can I just wipe all three then flash over? This isn't based off of froyo right? Also how is the battery life compared to Liquid? Thanks in advance.

As long as you are on theGB leak or GB ota you'll be fine

wtj104

Reaction score

Skidoo03

Reaction score
I tried flashing it last night and just got stuck at the M logo, I tried it coming from Liquid Smooth and then sbf'd and tried it just from the ota gingerbread and both got stuck at the M logo. Any ideas why?

Reaction score
So I have two problems. One is I can't get superuser to update. Its says the package was not signed correctly. And two how do I change the battery icon because I have rom toolbox pro but nomatter what I change it to the icon still reads in 1% increments so the new icon only shows every 10. Thanks guys.

Mike Lazaga

Reaction score
I downloaded SU update fixer free on the market and that fixed it for me

tjarvis

Reaction score
I tried flashing it last night and just got stuck at the M logo, I tried it coming from Liquid Smooth and then sbf'd and tried it just from the ota gingerbread and both got stuck at the M logo. Any ideas why?

Try wiping cache and data in stock recovery.

tjarvis

Reaction score
So I have two problems. One is I can't get superuser to update. Its says the package was not signed correctly. And two how do I change the battery icon because I have rom toolbox pro but nomatter what I change it to the icon still reads in 1% increments so the new icon only shows every 10. Thanks guys.

Use TB to uninstall su (with a backup just in case) and dl it from the market and try again. Also you have to filter the battery icons by 1% types...there aren't many.