[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Hotfix is now available in the first post:

Fabolous said:
Hotfix for all versions - Quick Office now will preview Gmail attachments and adds a 'Reboot' option to the shutdown menu.
Fabolous_ApeX_HotFix.zip

Any special instructions for installing hotfix....mounts or just install from sd? Also is there a zip for the black keyboard from nextheme? Thank you!

Last edited:

droidxchat

Reaction score
Any special instructions for installing hotfix....mounts or just install from sd? Also can you post a link to your new keyboard? Thank you!

The hotfix can be installed by placing it on your sd card and installing from zip, then rebooting. No need to wipe data/cache or mount anything.

droidxchat

Reaction score
@Fabolous

Is 3g Mobile Hotspot already TBH Patched? I'm able to connect without getting the Verizon Self Provisioning webpage, and I want to make sure I'm not getting charged.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
@Fabolous

Is 3g Mobile Hotspot already TBH Patched? I'm able to connect without getting the Verizon Self Provisioning webpage, and I want to make sure I'm not getting charged.

The TBH patch is an NVRAM patch that is rom independent. So if you already did the patch on another ROM, it carries over.

Anedae

Reaction score
I'm having a problem ... flashed this on the leak from rubiX focused 1.9.0 following the instructions posted and it installed okay, I think...

But, I can't connect to google to sign in and download my apps. It keeps giving me a network error... any ideas?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
VZW is experiencing a nationwide 3G outage.. try to skip that and set up your wifi

Anedae

Reaction score
orly? So it ISN'T me then. well, that's good to know....

But ... why does my aircard work on my computer then?

droidxchat

Reaction score
Sooo what happens if we accept this new update while running Apex

my educated guess would be that you would brick your phone, because the OTA usually does filechecks to make sure you have certain stuff, etc. since apex removes blur as one of its many modifications, the OTA will probably break down while patching, and since it mods the bootloader you won't be able to sbf, etc...

basically, bad things would happen

sdny8

Reaction score
There's an update for the DX becoming available at midnight that updates the system to 2.3.340. Is there a way to block this until a version of Apex is ready to be run on it? Or will it not be available since I'm not running stock?

A. Just don't install it

B. You probably wont receive an update being your running a custom rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

RedWingsFan

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Tried a factory reset. Added the account by skipping through the start-up screen (where I had added it before). Killed a chicken and sprayed blood on it, still doesn't work to add an event :)

I'm using 1.2.1 over the 2.3.320 leak.

I installed by first backup of this ROM from Clockwork and the problem is solved. Must have been something I "fixed" before.

jlambeth1

Reaction score
Just got my DX a week ago and tried most every ROM out there and this is definitely my favorite one. Excellent work Fabolous!! One question though that has been the same for me with every ROM. I have Bootstrap X and ROM Manager installed and the only way I can boot into Clockwork recovery is to say boot into recovery with Bootstrap X. I have tried using the boot into recovery option with ROM Manager and it just pops up with the droid guy with the exclamation point triangle and reboots again to the phone. Anyone know if it possible to boot into recovery using the ROM Manager option?