[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

bd1212

Reaction score
Hey Fab, quick small question:

today my friend called and i got sliders for answer/ignore. she called again right after and i got buttons rather than sliders. what are the conditions for getting one or the other?

Was also wondering about this... same thing happens on Rubix.

Sent from my DROID X using DroidForums App

sdny8

Reaction score
U get sliders if the phone is not in use and it basically has to be unlocked to be answered. If your using the phone with the screen on u will just get buttons

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxchat

Reaction score
U get sliders if the phone is not in use and it basically has to be unlocked to be answered. If your using the phone with the screen on u will just get buttons

wow, that actually makes a lot of sense!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Just a quick question regarding the newest 2.3.340 update, this is the first time that I've been rooted and running an update when a OTA is released.

Do we have to unroot, OTA Update, install Apex for 2.3.340 (when released)? Or will there be some sort of update.zip for the OTA that we can run through Clockwork?

Zaph0d

Reaction score
FC on com.android.phone

Hi,
I am on ApeX V1.2.1.
Everything was working fine (including the Dialer).

I think the last thing I did before the error occurred was:
Settings > Accounts > Menu > Picture Source
then it sat there for a while and eventually gave me the option to select my
Facebook account
Clicked ok. Fiddled around a bit more then tried to open the dialer.

Not sure what to try to fix this - reboots do nothing.
Please help (tbh app owner).

TIA

droidxchat

Reaction score
Hi,
I am on ApeX V1.2.1.
Everything was working fine (including the Dialer).

I think the last thing I did before the error occurred was:
Settings > Accounts > Menu > Picture Source
then it sat there for a while and eventually gave me the option to select my
Facebook account
Clicked ok. Fiddled around a bit more then tried to open the dialer.

Not sure what to try to fix this - reboots do nothing.
Please help (tbh app owner).

TIA

i would reboot to recovery, wipe cache, then reboot. if that doesn't fix it, this sounds like something where you might have to reflash the rom (start from scratch)

Zaph0d

Reaction score
I think I know the cause - LCD Density.
If it is set at 200 then the com.android.phone Dialer tab will FC.
If I set it back to 240 then it works fine.

If the Dialer app opens to any tab other than the dial pad then it works, but once I switch to the dial tab I get the FC (with LCD density @ 200).

Oddly enough on an incoming call I can open the dialpad no problem.

Probably not an Apex issue then.

Reaction score
Running anything other than stock LCD density on the leak can cause all sorts of issues. Some report 200 is fine, I haven't tried either way as I don't want to mess up a good thing.

matalo

Reaction score
Fab, is there any way I can tell after a reboot what might have caused it? I am getting daily reboots and would like to investigate the cause. Is there possibly a log file or some sort of way to trace the reason?

Stevo592

Reaction score
Hey matalo,
I use to have that problem running ApeX 1.0 and it happened probably 8-10 times a day, but when I flashed my ROM to 1.0.2.2 my random restarts have gone away. I know this doesnt help you at all but I thought I was alone so I figured knowing someone else had it might help a little

sjohn902

Reaction score
There's an update for the DX becoming available at midnight that updates the system to 2.3.340. Is there a way to block this until a version of Apex is ready to be run on it? Or will it not be available since I'm not running stock?

JDMaker1

Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured it out. --> Just go to the other thread, download the zip with the removed programs, copy it to your SD card, and run the install script in the terminal. Pretty simple stuff. It seems to be working great now. Thanks Spartan.

Can someone explain where I can get the BlurEmailEngine.apk for 1.0?

Fab, any update coming to put that apk into the ROM instead of what's in there? I'm getting those crazy email issues other people were talking about. I love the ROM besides that though.

So what you just grab the apk file from 1.0 then put it on your sd card and copy/overwrite the one already there in the app directory? I haven't even tried to use corporate email yet but probably will need to soon.

Yep... Just grab the BlurEmailEngine.apk from ApeX 1.0 and place it in the root of your SD card. The I used Fabs install script in the terminal:

install BlurEmailEngine.apk

Then reboot (if you already have that apk running it did some funky things until a reboot).

Also make sure that the Messaging.apk is installed and not changed to Messaging.bak (which is default). You can use Root Explorer to change the name.

Last edited:

mr_brady

Reaction score
Can't add new calendar entry

Last night I tried to add a new Calendar entry and when I tell it to do so, the calendar disappears and I'm taken back to the home screen. No Force Quit notice, but it acts like the Calendar app did a FQ.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix for it?

NOTE I'm on the 2.3.15 OS.

Last edited:

RedWingsFan

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Tried a factory reset. Added the account by skipping through the start-up screen (where I had added it before). Killed a chicken and sprayed blood on it, still doesn't work to add an event :)

I'm using 1.2.1 over the 2.3.320 leak.

Last edited: