[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

lilgotti56

Reaction score
I am sorry I haven't followed the forum lately, but do you know if there is a fix for the Voice Message in the dailer that keeps force closing?

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
You need to select bootstrap recovery first and then go into rom manager...... FYI I find manually installing works best

jlambeth1

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't know if it was possible to skip that step or not but apparently it isn't. Thanks for the reply Steady.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I am sorry I haven't followed the forum lately, but do you know if there is a fix for the Voice Message in the dailer that keeps force closing?

You have to reinstall VVM from the removedapps archive. Get the apk file from the archive and put it on your sdcard, then in terminal:

su
install VVMStub.apk (or it may just be called VVM.apk, I don't remember off the top of my head)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm debating whether or not to upgrade to the X, and if I did I would run this ROM. Fab, it looks great.

What are the known bugs that are in it?

jlambeth1

Reaction score
Honestly, I have not encountered any bugs whatsoever as long as you follow all the directions in the OP. I love this ROM and see no reason to go back to any of the other ones I have tried out.

mr_brady

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm debating whether or not to upgrade to the X, and if I did I would run this ROM. Fab, it looks great.

What are the known bugs that are in it?

The only bug I've encountered is trying to add a Calendar entry. The app force quits (exits back to home screen).

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
honestly, i have not encountered any bugs whatsoever as long as you follow all the directions in the op. I love this rom and see no reason to go back to any of the other ones i have tried out.

amen.....long live apex!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Can anybody running Nextheme tell me what color it lights up when you press someones name in a text

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jlambeth1

Reaction score
honestly, i have not encountered any bugs whatsoever as long as you follow all the directions in the op. I love this rom and see no reason to go back to any of the other ones i have tried out.

amen.....long live apex!

I did get my first experience with rsdlite and sbf last night but it was all my fault. I tried to apply the reboot option that was posted up before Fabolous posted up all nice and neat for us. I missed the permissions step and was hosed from there. At least now I know what to do when I inevitably screw it up again. I love this phone and ROM but wish it was like my OG Droid that didn't have the locked bootloader!

kman79

Reaction score
I've been using this ROM for a couple of days now, and I have to say, this is the best and most stable ROM I've had. I've tried quite a few, from flyX, Tranquility, and a few others, but this one takes the cake. Awesome Job! I hope you keep doing what you're doing cause this ROM is pure bliss! Lovin the hotfixes and the ability to do uninstall/install with scripts, I haven't used it yet, but great to have the option. Great work!

kman79

Reaction score
Meant to ask, are you going to be releasing this ROM with the .340 update? I'm assuming the themes will still work?

NattyBee

Reaction score
I've been using this ROM for a couple of days now, and I have to say, this is the best and most stable ROM I've had. I've tried quite a few, from flyX, Tranquility, and a few others, but this one takes the cake. Awesome Job! I hope you keep doing what you're doing cause this ROM is pure bliss! Lovin the hotfixes and the ability to do uninstall/install with scripts, I haven't used it yet, but great to have the option. Great work!
Indeed! Apex is great! Fab is truly an awesome dev!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I think we should tryy and get Fab his own boot animationn, the stock Android is coool but it reminds me of when I was using Fission haha and I loveee this wayy more than fission..

I honestly was think maybe it could be some sort of puzzle because you can mix and match blur and aosp into your own little custom rom within the custom rom which makes this rom amazinggg

droidxchat

Reaction score
I think we should tryy and get Fab his own boot animationn, the stock Android is coool but it reminds me of when I was using Fission haha and I loveee this wayy more than fission..

I honestly was think maybe it could be some sort of puzzle because you can mix and match blur and aosp into your own little custom rom within the custom rom which makes this rom amazinggg

it's a good idea (i would contact wjd designs, they've made boot animations for people in the past) but i think apex uses the android boot animation on purpose to speed up the boot process, am i wrong?

of course, i'm sure fabolous can include a switch in his scripts for switching boot animations