Possible Delay!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am just awaiting for someone in vzw to atleast give us a date so we can stop all this guessing. Even if it is D8cember if a rep just came out and said it people could pack up their tents and know to show back up then. Right now the range is from nov 17- mid december based on speculations. As far as it being released the 17th I am almost ready to doubt that because for new smart phones they send their sale reps through a class about a week or 2 before the release date. Most reps i talk to, unless they hard core android people who are just guessing like we are, do not have much of a clue about the device. This has me guessing they have not been through training because of the fact they have the razr and rezound releasing back to back. As far as a black friday release, though its still possible, I am going to doubt that for a few reasons. The Nexus is a flagship device so you would think they would want to have atleast a cardboard cutout and one balloon on the day they want to push the device. Black Friday is its own event and could overshadow the nexus.
Now to contradict what I just said (basically playing :icon_ devil: advocate), someone above joked about lack of bloatware paying for anything, that being the case it could be a black friday release. Since vzw cant bloat up the nexus they may not care about rolling out balloons cake and stuff. They can have it on black friday and have a little section in the corner with a small poster board like they do the free and blackberry phones. The phone will be off with the wires ripped out and when you ask about it the rep tries to take you over to the "real phones" the bloated razr and rezound, why because those phones are actually helping to pay for the event. The one guy who does have the nexus shirt will be like the janitor or something. Sorry Nexus but you are not welcomed here since you dont have an entire page of vzw bloat apps.

^ok I was joking about that. In reality all we can do is continue to wait. Eventually we will be able to do "Fastboot Oem unlock" but for now we just have to sit back and awiat for vzw to finish hyping the razr and rezound.

warnette

Reaction score
I am just awaiting for someone in vzw to atleast give us a date so we can stop all this guessing. Even if it is D8cember if a rep just came out and said it people could pack up their tents and know to show back up then. Right now the range is from nov 17- mid december based on speculations. As far as it being released the 17th I am almost ready to doubt that because for new smart phones they send their sale reps through a class about a week or 2 before the release date. Most reps i talk to, unless they hard core android people who are just guessing like we are, do not have much of a clue about the device. This has me guessing they have not been through training because of the fact they have the razr and rezound releasing back to back. As far as a black friday release, though its still possible, I am going to doubt that for a few reasons. The Nexus is a flagship device so you would think they would want to have atleast a cardboard cutout and one balloon on the day they want to push the device. Black Friday is its own event and could overshadow the nexus.
Now to contradict what I just said (basically playing :icon_ devil: advocate), someone above joked about lack of bloatware paying for anything, that being the case it could be a black friday release. Since vzw cant bloat up the nexus they may not care about rolling out balloons cake and stuff. They can have it on black friday and have a little section in the corner with a small poster board like they do the free and blackberry phones. The phone will be off with the wires ripped out and when you ask about it the rep tries to take you over to the "real phones" the bloated razr and rezound, why because those phones are actually helping to pay for the event. The one guy who does have the nexus shirt will be like the janitor or something. Sorry Nexus but you are not welcomed here since you dont have an entire page of vzw bloat apps.

^ok I was joking about that. In reality all we can do is continue to wait. Eventually we will be able to do "Fastboot Oem unlock" but for now we just have to sit back and awiat for vzw to finish hyping the razr and rezound.
We tried the whole "unlocked" phone thing once, sales indicated that people did not want this kind of device
-Verizon

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
We tried the whole "unlocked" phone thing once, sales indicated that people did not want this kind of device
-Verizon

Rotflmao, if you say so...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mightybrick

Reaction score

In another thread, newest info shows sales reps are now training for ICS. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah someone sent me that after my rant. We will see if that is legit.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's legit, seen 3 different sources show different parts of the training. Unlikely that 3 random people decided to fake ICS training on the same day.

warnette

Reaction score
No kidding. The OG had horrible sales. ;)

Its not like it made Motorola relevant again or gave Verizon a foothold against at&t and the iphone.

It makes perfect sense that they do the exact opposite from that point on.

mightybrick

Reaction score
Its not like it made Motorola relevant again or gave Verizon a foothold against at&t and the iphone.

It makes perfect sense that they do the exact opposite from that point on.
It actually did make Motorola relevant again. How many Android owners are there now thanks to the OG Droid? The Droid brought Moto back from near-death, however that may not keep Moto from driving towards the cliff again.

wolstonc

Reaction score
The training doesn't last a week... New phone training is typically a few hours at the most

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

warnette

Reaction score
I guess he forgot the :

/sarcasm

Too much rage clouds my posting.

The threat of being stuck with this bionic that dropped data 4 times while trying to reply will do that to a man.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

akaskoot

Reaction score
I think VZW is sitting back laughing their asses off at our pain! :icon_evil:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too much rage clouds my posting.

The threat of being stuck with this bionic that dropped data 4 times while trying to reply will do that to a man.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Does yours go to airplane mode or just drop 4G/3G/1X and leave you with gray bars?