[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well guys, it looks like the most anticipated phone of the holidays has been delayed yet again. Reports are coming in that Verizon has pushed backed the launch of the Galaxy Nexus from its Friday (December 9th) release. Who knows why the release has been pushed back but in any event you guys might want to hold off on taking Friday off from work.

Source: CNET

*Also, when we get them in stock at Best Buy, I'll be sure to let you guys know. [Update:] Right now they are shipping to our stores.

Thanks to Malvado for the tip :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I think Sprint will have a full LTE network and the Motorola Nexus Xippity-do-da Touch 4G before Verizon gets around to selling this.

maniaryan

Reaction score
it's funny how some stores are still telling people to come in friday, i'll pop by on the off chance that one of the sales reps is wasted and ready to sell me one anyway :biggrin:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This is nothing compared to the Bionic or Thunderbolt releases. I'm sure it's not more than a week away.

I agree. People should use these last few days to just enjoy the phones that they are using currently. ESPECIALLY the OG owners looking for their first contract renewal since the Droid that started it all.

webmastir

Reaction score
son on a
censored.gif

idefiler6

Reaction score
I have confirmation from an authorized VZW retailer that he has ordered his first shipment this morning and they are already en route. Was official word given or is this just blogosphere scuttlebutt (cnet link plz)?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I have confirmation from an authorized VZW retailer that he has ordered his first shipment this morning and they are already en route. Was official word given or is this just blogosphere scuttlebutt (cnet link plz)?

They're shipping them to retailers but they are not to be sold until VZW signs off on the initial update which is necessary to squash critical bugs.

Black C5 Z06

Reaction score
I'm so close to giving up on this and just waiting for the first quad-core devices.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Verizon has yet to officially announce anything regarding the Nexus besides "Coming Soon", which was first seen a couple months back.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well,Im glade I did what I did,I didnt buy a phone,but i did spend the money on paintin and redoin my bedroom floor,so now daddy got the phat bedroom :icon_ banana:

selex

Reaction score
The stores in my area have them now. They had them Tuesday when I stopped by, and both told me Friday. I'm going to go down on Friday and try.

webmastir

Reaction score

Stores are ordering them, but their computers won't allow them to be sold.