Galaxy Nexus Coming to Radio Shack 'This Week' for $300; Costco Expects it Also

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_nexus_radio_shack.jpg

A new report from Radio Shack seems to indicate that the December 8th or 9th date for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus is accurate. According to sources within Radio Shack, they expect to get the device, "this week" at select stores. Their schedule for displaying their marketing material and posters is December 8th. The phone will be on sale for $799.99 without a contract, or $299.99 with contract. Interestingly, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be replacing the Samsung Droid Charge on the store display. Perhaps that date flip-flopping from Verizon won't happen after-all?

Update: Apparently, Radio Shack isn't the only one expecting to get the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Friday. Costco also expects to get it that same day.

costco-galaxy-nexus.jpg

Update Source: Droid-Life
Thanks to lanza-david, for the tip!​

Source: AndroidCentral

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
VZW announced the push back today.
Sorry to those of you who have been waiting... they gots bugs ta squash still.

How could they have announced the push back when never officially announced the release date?? This is all tip based.

Tap'd from my Bionic

mrmark27

Reaction score
wtf! how is the same system that was updated yesterday to say the 9th updated again today to say no date. is VZW the worst run company around that they change their mind within not even 24 hours?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
VZ rep an hour ago had 0 info on it, drop tomorrow? not likely

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I think people are realistically hoping itll drop Friday rather than tomorrow. I'm just sitting back and enjoying my OG.

jhkang

Reaction score
I thought i saw Costco selling phones for a bit cheaper than normal. So they might sell the GNex for cheaper? I always thought Costco sold phones for a bit cheaper, but I havent looked at phone prices in nearly 2 years so i may be speaking out of my bum.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I thought i saw Costco selling phones for a bit cheaper than normal. So they might sell the GNex for cheaper? I always thought Costco sold phones for a bit cheaper, but I havent looked at phone prices in nearly 2 years so i may be speaking out of my bum.

They usually sell them for cheaper with accessories as well. Hopefully they'll get it! :D

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!