[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon has yet to officially announce anything regarding the Nexus besides "Coming Soon", which was first seen a couple months back.
And that ladies and gents is how they're protectin themselfs,cos if the truth be told and patmw123 has told the truth-they did say coming soon-like Dec 31-2011 @ 11:59 :D

hayjude99

Reaction score
Its like VZW WANTS to be hated.

This delay is so ridiculous, it just pisses me off that the consumers are being punished for whatever the VZW higher ups are negotiating with Google about or whatever marketing scheme they want to implement. This is a NEXUS! That used to be synonymous with NO carrier intervention. Completely 100% stock. The branding, addition of two pieces of bloatware, and the disabling of Google Wallet annoyed me, but this makes it so much worse.

I guess there could be a silver lining. Maybe Google is seeing the response to the VZW crapware and making them remove it... doubt it, but hey, maybe.

I just hope this doesn't become another Bionic, but as its shaping up right now, Big Red might get the GS Note before the GNex is released! And if I had a choice between the two I would choose the Note with the epicsauce screen and crazy CPU. At least they say upfront that it will have Samsung intervention.

Oh well, I'll just redeposit the money I took out to buy the GNex... again.

bigfake23

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this but Apple is so much better at launching new products. They announce it, and within a week or two, it's for sale.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Can't believe I'm saying this but Apple is so much better at launching new products. They announce it, and within a week or two, it's for sale.

Well in Google's defense:

1.) Apple releases 1 product a year. They have 100% control over the hardware and software. While Google does the OS and has a fair share of influence with the hardware. Samsung is the one doing the hardware.

2.) Carriers bend over backwards for Apple.

hayjude99

Reaction score
Well in Google's defense:

1.) Apple releases 1 product a year. They have 100% control over the hardware and software. While Google does the OS and has a fair share of influence with the hardware. Samsung is the one doing the hardware.

2.) Carriers bend over backwards for Apple.

Google/Sammy didn't seem to have a problem in Europe. I think this is 100% VZW. And to think they're the HIGHEST rated carrier in terms of satisfaction...

AlexSB

Reaction score
Google/Sammy didn't seem to have a problem in Europe. I think this is 100% VZW. And to think they're the HIGHEST rated carrier in terms of satisfaction...

Imagine what the others must be like =O

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk