[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Serious question here...

Knowing that already they have had some hardware issues... Knowing that VZW has put some bloat on it, and that going forward, you will NOT get "pure Google" without delays, that updates will have to go through VZW(and you know how that goes, present situation a prime example)... Knowing that it is not really faster than the Razr or Rezound, etc... Knowing that certain things like Google Wallet will be missing, knowing that the Nexus won't work like a USB Mass Storage device because it has only internal storage, etc...

What at this point is the real appeal of it? If it isn't faster, if it doesn't have more features, if it has issues and if you still have to wait on VZW to release code with bloat, what is the real advantage?

is getting ICS a month before your friends really worth it?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Serious question here...

Knowing that already they have had some hardware issues... Knowing that VZW has put some bloat on it, and that going forward, you will NOT get "pure Google" without delays, that updates will have to go through VZW(and you know how that goes, present situation a prime example)... Knowing that it is not really faster than the Razr or Rezound, etc... Knowing that certain things like Google Wallet will be missing, knowing that the Nexus won't work like a USB Mass Storage device because it has only internal storage, etc...

What at this point is the real appeal of it? If it isn't faster, if it doesn't have more features, if it has issues and if you still have to wait on VZW to release code with bloat, what is the real advantage?

No chance any other phone will have ICS a month after this one haha. But that being said, I think its appealing to a lot of people here cuz it's open. Do what you want with it, run whatever software you want on it etc. No restrictions.

Also, it's still going to get updates from Google, there won't be any 5 month delays between updates.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Serious question here...

I hardly think of My Verizon and Back Assistant as bloat. Just disable them if you don't use them but a lot of people do.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hardly think of My Verizon and Back Assistant as bloat. Just disable them if you don't use them but a lot of people do.

It is not about the bloat itself. It is about the code having to go through VZW in order to get to your phone. Call me jaded, but after seeing how VZW handles things, I don't have a lot of confidence in them to handle things in a timely fashion, or without screwing it up.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Storm1 is driving me nuts!!!
OMG..my wife's Storm 1 is paper weight. she has been hounding me to get her a new phone. I keep saying "wait" LOL I want this phone to be out so hopefully the Rezound is on sale and i can get it for her. I missed out on the costco 50 bucks deal. =/

chewy74

Reaction score
my D1 hangs up mid call. Although, it's usually on my wife so i'm still trying to decide if it's a glitch or a feature

My d1 this morning-Get a phone call at 0600, hit green slider to answer but it continues ringing for two minutes. Battery pull, flashes back to SS from cyanogen. go to school, in parking lot i go to look up that number on the net which froze my browser after the simple google search. Tried it three more time, then switched to skyfire. Skyfire worked but then my phone froze right on the page(couldn't do anything, had to ctr shift delete). Then flashed to miui where it is now but its glitching out as well. lol it really seems like no rom can help my phone out at this point, i just need a new phone. :frown: Tonight i think im nuking it with a clean sbf and just running stock froyo till nexus drops. ive already nuked it 3 times this month though... Nexus really needs to come out soon or im going to have to bite on the d4 when it releases. i could return d4 then but im not sure if i would do that. My d1 was nice but it is just barely hangin in their. :dry:

B-Unit

Reaction score
My d1 this morning-Get a phone call at 0600, hit green slider to answer but it continues ringing for two minutes. Battery pull, flashes back to SS from cyanogen. go to school, in parking lot i go to look up that number on the net which froze my browser after the simple google search. Tried it three more time, then switched to skyfire. Skyfire worked but then my phone froze right on the page(couldn't do anything, had to ctr shift delete). Then flashed to miui where it is now but its glitching out as well. lol it really seems like no rom can help my phone out at this point, i just need a new phone. :frown: Tonight i think im nuking it with a clean sbf and just running stock froyo till nexus drops. ive already nuked it 3 times this month though... Nexus really needs to come out soon or im going to have to bite on the d4 when it releases. i could return d4 then but im not sure if i would do that. My d1 was nice but it is just barely hangin in their. :dry:

Im in the same boat, often browsing leaves me with a completely frozen Droid. Considering rolling back to Froyo to keep the phone useable till I get my upgrade (elegable now, but havent decided if Im going to spring before or after christmas.)

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
My guy at Best Buy said they don't have any there. :( Take that with a grain of salt. :)

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hmm.... I didn't know something that has not been officially announced could be delayed!!??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The cnet article states that employees were told they would be allowed to sell them Friday, then Verizon says they won't be available this Friday for sale. Seems like a delay to me

Sent from my Transformer TF101

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The cnet article states that employees were told they would be allowed to sell them Friday, then Verizon says they won't be available this Friday for sale. Seems like a delay to me

Sent from my Transformer TF101
Also, just fyi, when a company puts out a huge banner about the the vz nexus [insert email here] thats an announcement. so it was announced. Not sure how it wouldn't be one. :blink: just my imo, Also Malvado is right to. With the addition of VZ knows all these rumors that are being put out. If they can set the record straight with the 4 people that cared about Google wallet being banned then they could just as easily halt the release date rumors too but they just give silence. On a rumor with as much traction as friday, if it wasn't true at all then i would hope they would end the confusion through their local means of communication (leak through beta info that in turn gets passed on to these sites).

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Im in the same boat, often browsing leaves me with a completely frozen Droid. Considering rolling back to Froyo to keep the phone useable till I get my upgrade (elegable now, but havent decided if Im going to spring before or after christmas.)

Sounds like you need some Sourcery, my two years old OG is working fine... link in my sig..

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
To all those that believed the Dec.9th release, how are you enjoying your new Nexus? LOL.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!