Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Delay because of No Top Tier Phone to be released In December?

A contact of mine here in NC told me that the Nexus could be Delayed until December!!! He told that this has been going around the office. The reason behind it is that Verizon does not have any strong phone release for December and the Galaxy Nexus will fit in as a Top Notch phone for the month of December. November has the Motorola RazR and HTC rebound. I am still praying for a November release but it is up to Verizon.

Last edited:

warnette

Reaction score
Sadly this seems to fit well with the nonsensical ambiguity this phone has enjoyed.

GeLopez

Reaction score
and what are you going to do with "your contact" when this happens not to be true?

Oh, many, many years ago
When I was twenty-three
I was married to a widow
Who was pretty as can be
This widow had a grown-up daughter
Who had hair of red
My father fell in love with her
And soon the two were wed

and told me that i am my own granpa and that your contact is wrong

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
and what are you going to do with "your contact" when this happens not to be true?

Oh, many, many years ago
When I was twenty-three
I was married to a widow
Who was pretty as can be
This widow had a grown-up daughter
Who had hair of red
My father fell in love with her
And soon the two were wed

and told me that i am my own granpa and that your contact is wrong

Main part of what he said is: (just in case you did not read it clearly..) Nexus Could be Delayed until December!!! So it can still come in the next couple of weeks..This is what I am hoping for because my Storm1 is on life support as I am typing. There has not been nothing solid yet. By the way this guy has not steered me wrong in the past. After hearing from him I ask other people in the know about it like BMX and others.

ice456789

Reaction score
Technicality: It's not really a delay, because no date has been announced. If they had announced it would be out on the 17th then moved it back, that would be a delay. Nitpicking aside, I think Verizon is just trying to find a way to inject this phone with bloatware and lock down the bootloader. Golly gee, I hope they find out how to get Vcast navigation on it. /sarcasm

wvdroidman

Reaction score
this is the same as the circus sorrounding the thunderbolt and bionic. Their rumored dates kept getting pushed back. Although, Verizon was hush/hush until 2 weeks before release. The thunderbolt was pushed out, I believe, mainly because they were launching LTE all over the country and needed an LTE phone.

phantom5623

Reaction score
Vzw people are retarded. Of the two retailers in my town one didn't know what a nexus was and called the rezound the redondo or something. This was a corporate store. 2nd store told me without hesitation or doubt that November is the release but they haven't been told when. They acknowledged the nexus existed even before Google had its event when I asked so I'm gonna trust them and wait it out with my og for a week or two. I need to sbf it but my tab does everything I need now.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
if this keeps up I will have to sbf- unroot & reroot my OG droid every week to get it to last long enough to get this upgrade!

*sigh*

phantom5623

Reaction score
If you stay away from 2.3 roms you're fine og can't run the Gb. Too little memory for that old guy. I sold my thunderbolt right before the announcement so I actually got money for it then dug up my og and brought it back from the grave. Thing used to be my alarm clock whore.

icefalkon

Reaction score
A friends daughter works for Big Red and confirmed that the Prime will be out at the end of November. I'm thinking Black Friday or around there somewhere. Either way, it's not that far down the road to wait guys...

Steve

phantom5623

Reaction score
Think I might get impatient and just grab that redondo the vzw rep told me so much about. Its got crappy washed out headphones with and expensive brand name! Or maybe the redondo is some new superphone we haven't seen yet!

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
if this keeps up I will have to sbf- unroot & reroot my OG droid every week to get it to last long enough to get this upgrade!

*sigh*
Word. My OG is on it's last legs too. Performing CPR on it every day. Might have to get the Resound if it comes out first.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My Contact says someone posted this exact same story in the forums over on AndroidCentral. My contact also says that until Verizon says when the phone is coming out...don't believe anything.