Galaxy Nexus Delay Could of been caused by Google Wallet!!!

Felix 222

Reaction score
Yeah, the scary thing about this is it seems like the only possible reason for the delay. Why have the shipments in store already? Makes me worried about them actually releasing the phone, if they get into some legal battle we may never see this damn phone on Verizon.

There's too much money to be lost. We will see it, it's just a matter of time...a lot of time apparently.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's too much money to be lost. We will see it, it's just a matter of time...a lot of time apparently.

In the scheme of things, the money lost on the Nexus is next to nothing for Verizon. They don't want this phone anyways, any reason for them to drop it would be bad news for us.

I know I'm sounding negative, but I've been thinking a lot since we heard about the problems between Verizon and Google. We know the Nexus is ready hardware/software wise, we know the release date was originally the 9th because the corporate emails went out and the shipments arrived, yet this potential lawsuit pops up and the phone gets "delayed because of network issues."

Hopefully I'm wrong, hopefully the problems with the LTE network caused them to push back the release, it's possible for sure, but money means everything to these companies. If Verizon thinks they may lose potential ISIS(their "Google Wallet") customers then who knows what they'll do with the Nexus.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
In the scheme of things, the money lost on the Nexus is next to nothing for Verizon. They don't want this phone anyways, any reason for them to drop it would be bad news for us.

I know I'm sounding negative, but I've been thinking a lot since we heard about the problems between Verizon and Google. We know the Nexus is ready hardware/software wise, we know the release date was originally the 9th because the corporate emails went out and the shipments arrived, yet this potential lawsuit pops up and the phone gets "delayed because of network issues."

Hopefully I'm wrong, hopefully the problems with the LTE network caused them to push back the release, it's possible for sure, but money means everything to these companies. If Verizon thinks they may lose potential ISIS(their "Google Wallet") customers then who knows what they'll do with the Nexus.

Verizon, like any business, doesn't want to loose ANY money. Period.

Sent from Liger Zero's cockpit

squeak

Reaction score

This has been in the back of my mind for the past few days. I didn't want to acknowledge it and just told myself that if they're in the stores they're going to release it. This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Diab210

Reaction score

I keep seeing people say verizon never wanted this phone anyways... so then why are they selling it?

edit: well... I guess they are not technically selling it but they must mean to if their stores have a box of working galaxy nexus phones.

Reaction score
Why doesnt Google start Google Mobile already? That way we arent stuck paying Red money anymore? That way they can let Android die on any other carrier and then make their experience. Im not that serious BTW.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
If Google Wallet really is the SNAFU, then VZW will just have to "let it go" and push ISIS on any other phone that is not the GN...like grandfathering unlimited data (the only reason I'm still with VZW). ISIS is still no where near beta...at least with Google Wallet, it's a really good push for NFC in the right direction.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
But don't you think Google will want yo include GW on every future phone? If google is not able to have their software run on android devices than they will have to say goodbye to the whole thing.

This has a lot more to do with just the release of the Nexus. This ruling will probably affect all future android phones Verizon sells.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I keep seeing people say verizon never wanted this phone anyways... so then why are they selling it?

edit: well... I guess they are not technically selling it but they must mean to if their stores have a box of working galaxy nexus phones.

Do you really think Verizon needed this phone? If the Nexus was never announced, people would have been decided on the RAZR or Rezound or be holding out for the quad cores. Google wanted the nexus on Verizon since Verizon has the best and largest network to sell their premier phone on. Now google must be giving some serious incentive for Verizon to take on this phone.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Verizon has had reservations about Nexus devices since the Nexus One, they bailed out of that the week prior to it's release. They don't like them because the bootloader isn't encrypted and they can't put their bloatware on it, which makes them money. I'm not saying this is the case here because obviously Google convinced them to join up this time, but they have had issues with the "Google Experience" before.

Diab210

Reaction score
Do you really think Verizon needed this phone? If the Nexus was never announced, people would have been decided on the RAZR or Rezound or be holding out for the quad cores. Google wanted the nexus on Verizon since Verizon has the best and largest network to sell their premier phone on. Now google must be giving some serious incentive for Verizon to take on this phone.

But Verizon isn't going to just let the nexus onto their network with the goodness of their hearts. There has to be a reason Verizon said "yes" to allowing the Nexus on their network. They supposedly told Apple "not thanks" with the initial Iphone because of the amount of control Apple wanted and all of the terms and agreements for putting the nexus on verizon's network would have been figured out and decided on far before now. Someone at Verizon must have thought this would be a good device for their network; why didn't they just grab the galaxy s 2 and lock it down with bloatware like all their other phones? Have one of the most popular phones worldwide AND lock it down nice and tight? Why wouldn't they want to do that?? They elected for the nexus over it for some very strange reason and I can't believe it was just to screw over the other carriers in the country.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
But Verizon isn't going to just let the nexus onto their network with the goodness of their hearts. There has to be a reason Verizon said "yes" to allowing the Nexus on their network. They supposedly told Apple "not thanks" with the initial Iphone because of the amount of control Apple wanted and all of the terms and agreements for putting the nexus on verizon's network would have been figured out and decided on far before now. Someone at Verizon must have thought this would be a good device for their network; why didn't they just grab the galaxy s 2 and lock it down with bloatware like all their other phones? Have one of the most popular phones worldwide AND lock it down nice and tight? Why wouldn't they want to do that?? They elected for the nexus over it for some very strange reason and I can't believe it was just to screw over the other carriers in the country.

Could it be because Nexus phones showcase new Android OSes and Verizon wants a leg up on other carriers who have been selling Nexus phones thus why they jumped on the G-Nex and probably told Google we'll sell it if we can make a few minor adjustments.

Verizon: Encrypted bootloader?
Google: Nope.
Verizon: How about some of our non-removable apps?
Verizon: Then we don't want to sell your Nexus.
Google: *Sigh* How many?
Verizon: 10.
Google: No way! How about one?
Verizon: How about two?
Google: *SIGH* Fine, what ones? And no stupid demo games or other pointless apps users won't use.
Verizon: Ok, My Verizon Mobile and VZ Backup Assistant.
Google: Deal.
Verizon: I don't think Google Wallet is secure enough to be sold with our phones.
Google: What? Now you don't want Google Wallet pre-installed? But it's our phone?
Verizon: No it's not, it's our phone now. Muhahahahaha!
Google: This was a big mistake...
Verizon: Just for that remark the launch has been delayed.
Google: Fine, see if we ever make a phone for you again.
Verizon: Do you know who we are? If you want to make money you better watch your tone.
Google: You haven't heard the last of us.
Verizon: Oops, delayed again. Do you want another delay?
Google: Yes!
Verizon: Fine! Delayed again. Anything else smart guy?
Google: Up yours!
Verizon: Delayed!
Google: Stop that!
Verizon: DELAYED! C'mon tough guy is that all you got?
Google: No.
Verizon: DELAYED!
Google: Ok, ok. We'll stop.
Google: What for? We didn't even do anything.
Google: But...
Verizon: DELAYED!!!

(What you just read was an reenactment. Some things may have been out of context... but probably not.)

jleeusa

Reaction score
That was spot on except for "you are not my dad, you can't tell me what to do".

alboboy10

Reaction score
Verizon and Apple should do business forever cause they're both stingy. This is googles phone idk ONE person who wants vcrap. So why put it????!
They don't care about happy customers which is I plan on leaving Verizon.

hookerdj

Reaction score
Could it be because Nexus phones showcase new Android OSes and Verizon wants a leg up on other carriers who have been selling Nexus phones thus why they jumped on the G-Nex and probably told Google we'll sell it if we can make a few minor adjustments.

Verizon: Encrypted bootloader?
Verizon: How about some of our non-removable apps?
Verizon: Then we don't want to sell your Nexus.
Google: *Sigh* How many?
Verizon: 10.
Google: No way! How about one?
Verizon: How about two?
Google: *SIGH* Fine, what ones? And no stupid demo games or other pointless apps users won't use.
Verizon: Ok, My Verizon Mobile and VZ Backup Assistant.
Google: Deal.
Verizon: I don't think Google Wallet is secure enough to be sold with our phones.
Google: What? Now you don't want Google Wallet pre-installed? But it's our phone?
Verizon: No it's not, it's our phone now. Muhahahahaha!
Google: This was a big mistake...
Verizon: Just for that remark the launch has been delayed.
Google: Fine, see if we ever make a phone for you again.
Verizon: Do you know who we are? If you want to make money you better watch your tone.
Google: You haven't heard the last of us.
Verizon: Oops, delayed again. Do you want another delay?
Google: Yes!
Verizon: Fine! Delayed again. Anything else smart guy?
Google: Up yours!
Verizon: Delayed!
Google: Stop that!
Verizon: DELAYED! C'mon tough guy is that all you got?
Google: No.
Google: Ok, ok. We'll stop.
Google: What for? We didn't even do anything.
Google: But...
Verizon: DELAYED!!!

(What you just read was an reenactment. Some things may have been out of context... but probably not.)

Ooh that just made me crepitate in my pants and laughing so hard my future children will hear me......

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Last edited: