Galaxy Nexus Landing This Month

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't trust a guy who can't properly write a single correct sentence.

Also what he said, anyone could say. If things don't fall in place it will come out in December? .... duh

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i heard costco had a buying package for the bionic. car charger, maybe a case and/or dock. was a decent little package for i think ~$30-50 extra?

I'm loving this new leak, and dreaming for it to come true. Would play out my idea : They said euro release the 17th and globally shortly thereafter..well when it's the 17th in europe, i'm pretty sure it's the 16th here across the pond, so shortly thereafter = just a few hours til our 17th would be OUTSTANDING.
More like $150 worth of accessories all came with it and the Bionic ended up being $20 less than what it was at Verizon.

I got a standard dock, another charger, a car dock, car charger, holster, and screen protectors. And Costco has a 14 day return policy and a 90 day exchange policy with their phones so if they get the GN before 90 days, I can exchange it. I would just pay the difference in price if there is a difference.

Diab210

Reaction score
So... droid Razr is on 11-11 which is a Friday (although granted they're only doing it because its 11-11-11 so whatever), Rezound comes out on Tuesday the 14th per their announcement yesterday. It seems like Verizon has just given up on Thursday releases and their 14 day buffer. If they are willing to let the Rezound eat into the droid razr's free return period it seems highly likely they'll just do the same with the nexus on the 17th. Besides if they don't promote the crap out of it it might not be a big deal. It also gives them the ability to say something like "The best 4G network with the best phones on the market". What other carrier has a phone list comparable to the razr, rezound, and galaxy nexus?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So... droid Razr is on 11-11 which is a Friday (although granted they're only doing it because its 11-11-11 so whatever), Rezound comes out on Tuesday the 14th per their announcement yesterday. It seems like Verizon has just given up on Thursday releases and their 14 day buffer. If they are willing to let the Rezound eat into the droid razr's free return period it seems highly likely they'll just do the same with the nexus on the 17th. Besides if they don't promote the crap out of it it might not be a big deal. It also gives them the ability to say something like "The best 4G network with the best phones on the market". What other carrier has a phone list comparable to the razr, rezound, and galaxy nexus?
Well maybe AT&T but not at the moment.

I think the point is that Verizon is trying to show they have the best 4G network by giving consumers choices and a lot of good ones. Verizon hasn't released this many good phones in a short period of time in a long time...maybe never. Verizon phones used to suck compared to other networks but now that's really starting to change now that Verizon has the network to carry all these good phones.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now if they could just make that awesome 4G network half as reliable as their 3G network... ;)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well maybe AT&T but not at the moment.

I think the point is that Verizon is trying to show they have the best 4G network by giving consumers choices and a lot of good ones. Verizon hasn't released this many good phones in a short period of time in a long time...maybe never. Verizon phones used to suck compared to other networks but now that's really starting to change now that Verizon has the network to carry all these good phones.

Yeah, this is the first time, EVER, that I can honestly say that Verizon has the best phones from all the major manufacturers. Verizon is finally getting ahead of the curve.

prowler85

Reaction score
Yea, LTE my arse! More like BETA.

I think that depends on where you are. Between Chandler (where I live on weekends) and Tucson (where I work and live during the week), I'd say my 4g is up over 95% of the time. Not quite as good as my 3g was, but the very few times it drops out I can live with for the screamin' fast downloads.

Nothing like watching Netflix on my large screen while streaming 4g thru my Bionic. Darned thing downloads in about 3 seconds with no stopping to buffer ever. Faster than my home wifi by far!

Just can't wait to give my son my Bionic (spoiled 12 yr old) and get me and my wife some Nexus sandwhich! :icon_ lala:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey atleast you guys have a chance to see 4G, try living in a tiny town in NH, I honestly wonder if I will EVER have 4G.

Well the good thing about that is that you have very little reason to grab one of the 4G phones then... the bugs associated with LTE make them not worth the trouble if you'll never see 4G, IMHO.. especially when there are perfectly good 3G phones to do the job!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the good thing about that is that you have very little reason to grab one of the 4G phones then... the bugs associated with LTE make them not worth the trouble if you'll never see 4G, IMHO.. especially when there are perfectly good 3G phones to do the job!

yeah but the problem is all new phones will be 4g from here on out, most likely. And I really want the Nexus, but atleast I can shut the 4g off, I would imagine anyway.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah but the problem is all new phones will be 4g from here on out, most likely. And I really want the Nexus, but atleast I can shut the 4g off, I would imagine anyway.

Hopefully it'll be like the Bolt and you can not only shut off 4G, but revert it back to evdo from eHRPD...