Galaxy Nexus Landing This Month

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't mean any sarcasm.... Just that this is the first time we have ever seen them break the "Thursday Release" mold. So if they are going to do it once or twice, why not three times. I do believe that the ad campagine won't start until after black friday, but when the phone actually goes on sale is wide open. Keeping in mind that they wanted the Razr on the 10th but bumped to the 11th for the 11/11/11 at 11:11 thing, I wonder if GN called dibs on the 17th and in order to get the Rezound out before Thanksgiving and not have to major releases on the same day, they threw it between the Razr and the GN...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean any sarcasm.... Just that this is the first time we have ever seen them break the "Thursday Release" mold. So if they are going to do it once or twice, why not three times. I do believe that the ad campagine won't start until after black friday, but when the phone actually goes on sale is wide open. Keeping in mind that they wanted the Razr on the 10th but bumped to the 11th for the 11/11/11 at 11:11 thing, I wonder if GN called dibs on the 17th and in order to get the Rezound out before Thanksgiving and not have to major releases on the same day, they threw it between the Razr and the GN...

Exactly what I'm hoping. Give me some Nexus love on the 17th!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MightyT01

Reaction score
Not detecting sarcasm.

I think the point being, they went against their own policy of releasing phones on Thursday. They had to do it for a reason, what other reason than they want to get all 3 of these phones released before Black Friday.

I agree. If I'm running the business, I want all 3 of my top gun phones ready for the masses on Black Friday. My Costco cell phone rep told me they were told to expect the GNex for purchase on-line only on the 20th. She said they will not have any in-store, at least in my area.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we're looking better than we were a week ago for it hitting by black friday.

These staggered releases of the Razr/Rezound definitely make me think somethings being arranged.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm betting we see it on the 17th. As far as Costco, I will bet their release will be slightly behind the Verizon release. Don't see them hitting both stores on the same day.

Felix 222

Reaction score
Is it likely Costco will provide some sort of free kit or reduced price if I upgrade there? I love Costco, but never thought of visiting their Verizon kiosk.

RVC

Reaction score
I believe that the RAZR and the Rezound will quickly out sell the GN to the masses. To the regular consumer the vanilla GN is not as pretty and flashy as the sense or motor blur phones IMO......which gives me confidence that it will be fairly easy to get when it drops. I just hope it drops on the 17th, if its later than that I will have to wait until the new year because we are deploying on the 18th. :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

Chatchie

Reaction score
It makes sense that Google would want thier phone launched worldwide on the 17th. This is forcing VZW to break thier tradition of Thursday launches and get the Razr and Rezound out before the Nexus. Im really feelin' the 17th for a launch.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm betting we see it on the 17th. As far as Costco, I will bet their release will be slightly behind the Verizon release. Don't see them hitting both stores on the same day.

The bionic hit costco stores the same time it was released by Verizon so I wouldn't count on them being behind yet, especially for this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Felix 222

Reaction score
The bionic hit costco stores the same time it was released by Verizon so I wouldn't count on them being behind yet, especially for this.

Were there benefits to buying from Costco? I'm trying to decide if I Costco is a better place to upgrade.

Reaction score
Were there benefits to buying from Costco? I'm trying to decide if I Costco is a better place to upgrade.
I also wanna know. I see everyone talking about it. How does it work and how is it different than the VZW store?

harpua

Reaction score
i heard costco had a buying package for the bionic. car charger, maybe a case and/or dock. was a decent little package for i think ~$30-50 extra?

I'm loving this new leak, and dreaming for it to come true. Would play out my idea : They said euro release the 17th and globally shortly thereafter..well when it's the 17th in europe, i'm pretty sure it's the 16th here across the pond, so shortly thereafter = just a few hours til our 17th would be OUTSTANDING.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here is what P3Droid tweeted: "So im hoping for the 17th...err someone said that...but if not then if falls late in the month.. but will launch in november"
then a few min. later he tweeted: "Oops I mis spoke it may end up end of november 1st week of december if things fall out if place."