Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Revealed to be 9.47mm Thick on Updated Google Landing Page,

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone so excited about a Samsung phone, their phones are horrid, only thing this phone has going for it is ICS, good luck having this phone last two years, what was Google thinking launching their brand spanking new ICS OS on a Samsung.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Goodbye troll.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why is everyone so excited about a Samsung phone, their phones are horrid, only thing this phone has going for it is ICS, good luck having this phone last two years, what was Google thinking launching their brand spanking new ICS OS on a Samsung.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

This is a joke right. Its not that its samsung its a nexus which means it get first dibs on updates. As far as "plastic" well that is what cases are for. Just look back at the nexus one and its specs. It took 2 years for other phones to reall catch up to it and by then google has released the nexus s and going on to the galaxy nexus.

tc1

Reaction score
8mp camera? Oops. Sorry, this guy lost his credibility within the first couple seconds of his review.

Typo...he states the correct mp later on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Abs

Reaction score
Do you guys think the GNex will be outdated specwise very quickly? That is honestly my only concern. Maybe I'm too focused on having high numbers but its specs seem mediocre for all the super phones coming out now. Plus there are apparently quad-core phones on the horizon.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the GNex will be outdated specwise very quickly? That is honestly my only concern. Maybe I'm too focused on having high numbers but its specs seem mediocre for all the super phones coming out now. Plus there are apparently quad-core phones on the horizon.

Huh?

The specs are top notch.

Quad core won't be out for a year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

This is the name of the game in the world of Android. Newer and "better" phones are always on the horizon. Pick a phone that meets your needs and/or ego and be happy or else you'll fall victim to the eternal waiting game.

The GNex will be out-spec'd very soon no doubt, but outdated? Hell no, this phone will be more than sufficient to get you through the 18-24+ months of your next contract. Keep in mind that ICS may not come to other devices as soon as people hope. If you're craving some ICS, you better jump on this.

Last edited:

tc1

Reaction score
The comment about the phone cutting in and out really worries me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score

The OG Droid 1 was outspec'd and outdated within a few months, and there's still a massive following for this phone. I've had my D1 for 2 years (bought it a few days before Thanksgiving in 2009). The thing is still running like a champ. It limps along on certain tasks, but for being so underpowered, I can't really complain. The Galaxy Nexus will be no different. After this, every future phone I buy may have to be a Nexus phone. I just can't go back to Motorola anymore until they start putting in some serious quality-control efforts.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
From my research for building my new computer for SWKOTR, a desktop really doesn't even *need* 4 cores, let alone 6 or 8. And another friend who's a tech guy, told me that most software doesn't support 6+ cores. The quality of the processor is much more important. Quad core phones just seem to be a joke. I trust TI though, they have a good reputation as far as I know. I could be wrong... Seems like we tend to look at numbers, forgetting the quality can make a much greater difference. I know that I fall into that at times. I can't wait for this phone!! My D1 is limping along....

tedrodai

Reaction score
True, most software doesn't take advantage of symmetric multiprocessing, but your OS probably does. The generic "most software doesn't support XX cores" is not a very meaningful statement when your OS will offload single-threaded applications to different processor cores as needed to reduce the pipeline clogging on individual cores. If you only care about 1 intense program operating at any one time, then sure, the extra cores aren't doing much for you. But for applications that can handle SMP and for multitasking, extra cores are great.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
So the review was good for the most part. I wonder if they just got offered the 16gb model cause on googles page it says 16gb/32gb. Also that's 2 reviews that have said the speaker isn't loud, that kinda worries me.

Sent from my Moto Droid

DamirD1984

Reaction score

Am I concerned about it? No, because it will be more than sufficient to handle anything that is coming to android for the next 2 years or more.

Is it outdated specs wise already? Yeah... The GPU on it that is coming with, has been outdated for quite some time, it does not mean it is not good enough. The SoC? Is more than sufficient, but Google did chose the OMAP4 SoCs as a blueprint to build ICS on top of it. That does not necessarily mean, that Tegra, Snapdragon, or Exynos SoC based phones will be inferior. Instead the OMAP4s will merely set a bar for other SoC's to match and beat.

Tegra 3 is due to be released on the Asus Prime tablet next month, and phone will be following in 6 months or so from now... that is just the way it is....

Depending what you have right now, in my case its an OG Droid, upgrading to the SGN is the best current upcoming phone offering from Verizon.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
New review vid:

[video=youtube;Is_-VttZrgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_-VttZrgQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]#!

He said 8MP camera... smh. Howard needs to do a bit more homework before reviewing a phone. By now I can recite every spec and feature of this phone... sad I know.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums