appt set to pick up my verizon wireless gal nexus on thursday!

motorider

Reaction score
i just called best buy mobile. they told me they would have the phone on thursday december 8th. they set me an appointment for 4:15 pm to pick it up. the rep said this will garauntee me a phone. i was the first to get an appointment for a the new galaxy nexus. i am so freakin excited you just dont even know. my original droid is dying. oh yes oh yes oh yes! :D

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala:

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Hmm, seems odd when it appears most verizon workers, including one I talked to seem to be very sure the release date is Friday the 9th. Either way, GOOD LUCK, and I hope you can get it by Friday at the latest dancedroid

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Best Buy has been known to waste my time in the past. Not sure about BB mobile but good luck!

OP
M

motorider

Reaction score
she said she was POSITIVE. our local verizon wireless store has the phones already, so im sure that best buy has them as well. i really hope so anyhow. as i want thier insurance w/ no deductible

OP
M

motorider

Reaction score
best buy's insurance costs 9.99 per month. no deductable. period. no questions asked. they will cover anything...water,run over, bricked.

Reaction score
Hate to nag but is that different than the best buy protection plan they attach to everything? I have never bought a phone from them and I want to know a bit more about it. Ill prob call and ask.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope you get it and love it. careful with that BB insurance. When I dropped my phone out of a truck they told me it wasn't covered and that they don't cover anything if a automobile was involved. After checking around I found that they in fact don't cover much at all and will screw you around for weeks.

coupon

Reaction score
just called all my local best buys in san jose and they all said they have no info. one guy said he checked google for me and he saw it was being released on the 8th but they have no info. -_-

Reaction score
on the phone as we speak. The best buy "protection" plan cover 'water damage and drops.' you may buy its outright for 2 years or monthly. They sign up new contracts and upgrades as well. I asked if its coming out the 9th and im on hold. hehe :icon_ devil:

UPDATE: Galaxy Nexus - Mobile Rep "i dont see anything. Check back tomorrow [Wednesday 12/06/2011]."

Last edited:
OP
M

motorider

Reaction score
hrm, thats wierd? i assumed she had already recieved the phones since she said she positive i could get it. i hope she's right, but whats another day right?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
My wife was told yesterday that we could pick one up on Thursday at BJ's as well but it was with a disclaimer though.

He told her that they have been given several dates in the past and it was a no show so it would be best if we called before we went up there to pick it up.

rmart88

Reaction score
I hope you get it and love it. careful with that BB insurance. When I dropped my phone out of a truck they told me it wasn't covered and that they don't cover anything if a automobile was involved. After checking around I found that they in fact don't cover much at all and will screw you around for weeks.

That is False, and your local store duped you. I work at BBYM and we definitely would cover that... I have personally accepted claims similar to yours.