Verizon Galaxy Nexus available for just $154.99 from LetsTalk

Jradish

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes. I have been on hold 20 minutes. Hopefully there are no issues with canceling the order. If they can cancel it with no problems I will probably try to pick it up on the way home this evening. I could have waited an extra day or 2 to save some $$ but if people who ordered immediately after it went live on their site are having their orders back-ordered who knows when they will get them instock to fulfill all of their backordered requests.

Once I got a rep after 45 minutes the cancellation was very easy and quick. That's probably all they are doing right now, so she didnt even really bother trying too hard to sway me to not cancel. She did say all the stores are backordered in the US, not just them. I know that can't be true. I will be picking one up after work at VZW.

Chazdel

Reaction score
Don't think you can keep unlimited

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

orion2001

Reaction score

I am almost 100% sure you can. They even have a specific option in the ordering process to retain your original data plan and I've read other people's posts in the past and they all indicate that retaining unlimited is not an issue via Letstalk or Amazon. To be extra safe you can also call VZW before activating to double check. One of the posters on slickdeals also contacted VZW and they said that they have a system to restore features in a customers account within 60 days of any changes made to it...so if you catch any issues early enough, they should also be able to fix it for you.

kongo

Reaction score

I spoke to the CS reps at least 5 times in the last 12 hours.

1. You can ABSOLUTELY keep your unlimited data. When you get to your shopping cart, under the plan section, click the "Edit/Change" button and it'll take you to another menu, where you can select "keep data plan - upgrade phone only".

2. The backordered items should still ship either today, tomorrow, or Saturday (2 reps said that this is when they will be getting another shipment).

I'm okay with waiting for the weekend to save $75. That's an easy one, especially after how long I've already waited. :biggrin:

dustPile

Reaction score
I'm going to stick with them at least for the short term, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were overwhelmed and are doing what they can to make it right. From what I read around the internet they aren't hassling people who want to cancel once you get through.

Does anyone know about their charge-back fee as it related to texting on a plan? I chose the pay as you go texting plan but what if I want to add the 1000 or unlimited? Is this something I can just do through my verizon account or would I need to go through them first? I wouldn't think changing my plan to cost more would violate their terms.

Also, I realize I can just ask their customer service this, but I'm going to wait until things calm down a bit.

chewy74

Reaction score
the upgrade if i go into a vzw location would be $269.99 and after taxes it will be 286.73?

hmmm $286.73 vs. waiting a few days @ $174.99....

I'm going to wait it out and if it doesn't get shipped by Wed at the latest, I will cancel my order

fever

Reaction score
Follow directions and you'll keep your current data plan. Don't start rumors.

bleeds

Reaction score
Guys,
I just talked to Verizon and Letstalk. NOTHING is going to change. Letstalk is NOT a service seller. They only are selling you a Handset. After your purchase and you recieve the phone, you will deal with Verizon for any issues, just like before. If you are on a grandfathered plan, and you apply the new phone to THAT LINE (number), you will keep your grandfathered status. If you have a problem with the phone within the first 30 days, you deal with Letstalk. After 30 days, you do it just like you would with verizon and any phones you purchased directly from verizon. Insureance can be purchased, (asurion (sp?) ) but must be done so within 14days of reciept and activation of the new phone. The $250 Chargeback is related to moving that phone to another NON DATA PLAN number before 6months. As long as you leave the phone on the current DATA PLAN number, for 6 months, you will not be charged anything. Relax, and dont start crazy rumors. The phone is selling like crazy. Amazon doesnt have any either. I will stick it out..
Thank you
Bleeds

Lord PSIon

Reaction score
After reading the fact that they were back ordered and seeing that status on my order as well I got antsy and ran out to my VZW store and had one in my hands within 10min of arriving there. I'll call to cancel my order this evening. Good luck for those who are sticking with it; I hope it arrives for you in good time.

baldybill

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can use letstalk or amazon or wirefly and keep my text250 ($5 a month)?
I didn't see it as an option anywhere

Jradish

Reaction score
Guys,
I just talked to Verizon and Letstalk. NOTHING is going to change. Letstalk is NOT a service seller. They only are selling you a Handset. After your purchase and you recieve the phone, you will deal with Verizon for any issues, just like before. If you are on a grandfathered plan, and you apply the new phone to THAT LINE (number), you will keep your grandfathered status. If you have a problem with the phone within the first 30 days, you deal with Letstalk. After 30 days, you do it just like you would with verizon and any phones you purchased directly from verizon. Insureance can be purchased, (asurion (sp?) ) but must be done so within 14days of reciept and activation of the new phone. The $250 Chargeback is related to moving that phone to another NON DATA PLAN number before 6months. As long as you leave the phone on the current DATA PLAN number, for 6 months, you will not be charged anything. Relax, and dont start crazy rumors. The phone is selling like crazy. Amazon doesnt have any either. I will stick it out..
Thank you
Bleeds

Funny, when I was cancelling my order with letstalk.com and I told them the reasoning for me cancelling was because I wanted to have insurance through verizon ( assurion), she didn't stop me or say anything.

The reason I canceled it because a VZW rep told me you cannot get assurion insurance through a 3rd party retailer like letstalk.com, because it voids your agreement to not make any changes to your plan for 6 months, and you will be charged 250.

You need to read through the terms and conditions, its 181 days of not making any service plan changes with verizon. You need to go through letstalk.com from what I understand.

Executioner

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can use letstalk or amazon or wirefly and keep my text250 ($5 a month)?
I didn't see it as an option anywhere

See my post in the new Amazon thread. When I tried to check out w/ Let's Talk, you have upgrade your plan to get the low price. Plus you have to keep the plan unchanged for 6 months or they can do a chargeback. I just bought from Amazon for $199 with no plan changes.

busab

Reaction score
Funny, when I was cancelling my order with letstalk.com and I told them the reasoning for me cancelling was because I wanted to have insurance through verizon ( assurion), she didn't stop me or say anything.

The reason I canceled it because a VZW rep told me you cannot get assurion insurance through a 3rd party retailer like letstalk.com, because it voids your agreement to not make any changes to your plan for 6 months, and you will be charged 250.

You need to read through the terms and conditions, its 181 days of not making any service plan changes with verizon. You need to go through letstalk.com from what I understand.

I bought a blackberry 9930 from letstalk back in October. I then got Verizon to out insurance on it no problem. They only charge back if you move to a plan that is LESS than what you currently have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I tried for 2 hours this morning, to get the phone ordered. I could not find the place where it would let me keep my existing plan so I quit trying. On the outside chance to save some bucks, right before I was supposed to leave for work I got on the computer and tried again. The Phone Gods smiled upon my efforts. I got everyting done in less than 5 minutes, including keeping my current data plan. Woopie! I get home tonight, check the website for a ship date, BACK ORDERED!!!!! My only hope is that enough of you guys call and cancel so I get it quicker.... Maybe I'll cancel so you can get it quicker.... Sometimes you chase the Bear....