G-Nex Deal Roundup: Wirefly $190; Amazon $200; LetsTalk $155 New or $175 Upgrades

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gnex-main-full-view.jpg

Besides the fact that you can go pay $299.99 at your local Verizon store to pick up your shiny new Samsung Galaxy Nexus today, there are some pretty amazing deals to be had from the third party online retailers. Here is a breakdown of the good deals on individual contracts.
  • Wirefly has the VZW Galaxy Nexus for $189.99 on a new contract, or $239.99 for a renewal contract
  • Amazon has the VZW Galaxy Nexus for $199.99 on a new contract, or $249.99 for a renewal contract
  • LetsTalk has the VZW Galaxy Nexus for $154.99 on a new contract, or just $174.99 for a renewal contract (requires you to use the coupon code $75VZN at the checkout - otherwise $230 new contract and $250 renewal without code - this one is already back-ordered - also... some folks are having a hard time finding an option to keep their existing contract terms, ala unlimited data, and may end up with a tiered plan if not careful)
As you can see from these deals, the third party retailers are getting pretty aggressive with their pricing to entice customer away from the Verizon store. The LetsTalk deal is the best over-all, although its annoying it is already back-ordered, and that folks are having trouble keeping their existing grandfathered unlimited plans (supposedly, LetsTalk claims there is a way to keep it during the process). If you want to jump on any of these deals, here are some source links below.

Source: Wirefly and Amazon and LetsTalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any word on Costco bundle.. ? well i guess i'll find out in about an hour..

It should be the same as we have seen advertised before: $290 + the bundle. They never gave any specifics on what was actually in the bundle other than the usual stuff... If you find out something before we do, please post it here. :)

djarmin

Reaction score
Leather Case, Car Charger, Screen protector. This was what the rep at costco had said Last Sunday.

azules9780

Reaction score
So has someone figured out how to keep their unlimited plan while going through lets talk?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I received the rumored VZW $100 discount this week. Got it for the Nexus! NE2 + $100 = $169 out the door! So I guess the wait was truly worth it!

azules9780

Reaction score
So I just called and ordered mine and I will receive it on Monday. I had to call and order it to keep my unlimited data, and I made sure to use the coupon and it shows on my account for $174.99. I'm excited and I can barely wait!

azules9780

Reaction score
I received the rumored VZW $100 discount this week. Got it for the Nexus! NE2 + $100 = $169 out the door! So I guess the wait was truly worth it!

Are you serious? All of these people up here have told me that the NE2 is gone, although I did get the $100 off flier. Unfortunately my wife threw it away on accident. But still, you have yours in hand and I gotta wait! lol Glad it worked out for ya though!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What, are they pulling a fast one if you don't specify keeping your unlimited data? I didn't mention it, but I made no plan changes and she seemed to indicate I'd keep my unlimited data (I know I should, just saying). That was in the store

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? All of these people up here have told me that the NE2 is gone, although I did get the $100 off flier. Unfortunately my wife threw it away on accident. But still, you have yours in hand and I gotta wait! lol Glad it worked out for ya though!

It was my last NE2 (the discount showed on my account online). They did away with it early in the year, but if you were on contract before then they honored it. Also, the $100 only applies if you haven't upgraded in the last 180 days.

Technically, the $100 credit should be attached to your account. But when they ran it for me, it was not in the system (or at least not for the Nexus - but the flier says ANY 4G phone). But I had the flier in hand. Worth a shot for ya.

chewy74

Reaction score
After you select the phone on the side bar to the right, choose existing vz customer. Then choose the VOICE & TXT plan that you currently have. Example, I currently have friends & family share plan 1400 hrs w/unlimited txt. So I located and selected the exact plan.

After this the phone and plan should now be on your cart. Open your cart and find the link to 'change details ' or change plan or something similar, to the left of the phone details. You should now be brought to the screen where you choose your data plan... locate the one that says unlimited -or keep your current plan -upgrade only. Choosing that will retain your grandfathered plan.

Hope that helped

So has someone figured out how to keep their unlimited plan while going through lets talk?

azules9780

Reaction score
Ok, so the guy I ordered from lied. It is going to take at least 1 week before I get my phone. So if you guys do decide to go through letstalk.com, be aware of that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, the volume is concerning and could be a deal breaker for me (I need the loud, obnoxious alarm to really get me going in the morning). Haven't experimented much....Normally, I wouldn't ever listen to music on my phone speakers, anyway, so that's a non-issue. I've had a few calls (normal, not over speakerphone) and whatever the volume is (fairly high, not quite max though) it was perfectly fine - although potentially that could be an issue in a noisy place.

I don't like how ICS handles adding widgets, but aside from that this phone is really slick. I think I would like a bit smaller phone, but don't find the size to really be a problem. Got the Otterbox case which is really nice, as well. Really wanted to go naked, but just not comfortable with that. Should probably cancel my insurance because I don't really worry about my phone naked, so no chance I break it (could lose it, though).

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Anybody else get a "corporate discount" when they bought their nexus at the verizon store? I went in fully expecting to spend 300 bucks but it came to 250.00 and he said it was because of a corporate discount? Just curious.