Galaxy Nexus Landing This Month

Alch3m1st

Reaction score
-_- This thing needs to come out before December 7th. Don't care when, but it just needs to come out and Costco needs to get them in. I guess November 17th would match up with the world release and it would give Costco time to get them in stock :)

Thats what I'm hoping for too, 90 days to return my Bionic :biggrin:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it at all possible that Verizon would let the phone drop on the 17th but not start the advertising campaign on it until after black friday to allow it's two bloated babies a head start?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Is it at all possible that Verizon would let the phone drop on the 17th but not start the advertising campaign on it until after black friday to allow it's two bloated babies a head start?

It's possible. They've done odd things with marketing in the past. The original Inc dropped with absolutely no marketing initially, IIRC. Believe they've done that with another couple of handsets as well.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because honestly, the leak that everyone is refering to about the "after black friday" release date doesn't have anything to do with when the phone is going to come out, it has to do with when they are going to roll out their advertisement portfolio, as far as I can tell at least.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this phone is going to drop on the DL. Verizon's going to put very little (or none) marketing push into this bad boy and try to cram the Razr down everyone's throats.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's possible. They've done odd things with marketing in the past. The original Inc dropped with absolutely no marketing initially, IIRC. Believe they've done that with another couple of handsets as well.

Even the Bionic didn't get much mainstream hype until it dropped. You didn't really see many commercials or billboards until after it was released.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
The sooner the better, I just hope it's not black friday, not a fan of the crowds and I really don't want to have to hurt someones mom trying to get in the store.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The sooner the better, I just hope it's not black friday, not a fan of the crowds and I really don't want to have to hurt someones mom trying to get in the store.

I'm looking forward to reading about the trampling at a VZW store!

chewy74

Reaction score
Its probably already been released and we've just been watching the forums for news updates...
:D

StupidGenius

Reaction score

You know you're right. There was a marketing blitz later with it rising up from the floor in the middle of an empty room with red lighting shooting out hitting the walls. Verizon advertising can be great but oddly timed.

chewy74

Reaction score
does vzw do online sale w/in store pickup? if they do i would just buy online and pickup later in the day when all the early bird sales frenzy is gone

mikeinctown

Reaction score
OK, I know a lot of people shop on black friday, but I don't think the busiest spot on earth will be the verizon store, unless they have all phones for $1 that day. People will be skipping over those darn mall kiosks in favor of their favorite department and clothing store.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited: