[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to speculate cause that just makes this matter more frustrating/depressing. Fact is, the phone isn't here and we STILL don't have an official launch date. I admit I was extremely disappointed when I found out the 9th wasn't going to happen as I finally gave into the rumors this week. Do I have hopes for the 13th, sure I hope everyday it comes out the next day, but I'm not going to rely on dates anymore, no matter how reliable until Verizon makes it official. We're still getting the runaround and it's not worth the stress. My Inc works almost perfectly fine, but I know some of you with the OG Droid have theirs on their last leg, you users are getting cheated the most.
My d1 this morning-Get a phone call at 0600, hit green slider to answer but it continues ringing for two minutes. Battery pull, flashes back to SS from cyanogen. go to school, in parking lot i go to look up that number on the net which froze my browser after the simple google search. Tried it three more time, then switched to skyfire. Skyfire worked but then my phone froze right on the page(couldn't do anything, had to ctr shift delete). Then flashed to miui where it is now but its glitching out as well. lol it really seems like no rom can help my phone out at this point, i just need a new phone. :frown: Tonight i think im nuking it with a clean sbf and just running stock froyo till nexus drops. ive already nuked it 3 times this month though... Nexus really needs to come out soon or im going to have to bite on the d4 when it releases. i could return d4 then but im not sure if i would do that. My d1 was nice but it is just barely hangin in their. :dry:

RedzGirl

Reaction score
I'd do a factory reset. It'll help your Droid OG get through the next few weeks and you'll essentially do it when you get a new phone too. Worth the few minutes to reconfigure anything that doesn't carry over.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd do a factory reset. It'll help your Droid OG get through the next few weeks and you'll essentially do it when you get a new phone too. Worth the few minutes to reconfigure anything that doesn't carry over.
I dont really need tips. I was just replying to the fact that my D1 is on its last wobbly leg. And a Factory reset is a given when you flash a different rom (wipes data, also smart to clear cache too) Thank you for your advice though. :welcome: Welcome to the boards. post 1. :D please go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/ and introduce yourself. youll also get help their if ya need it. (not that you wont get help elsewhere, cuz u will)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My d1 this morning-Get a phone call at 0600, hit green slider to answer but it continues ringing for two minutes. Battery pull, flashes back to SS from cyanogen. go to school, in parking lot i go to look up that number on the net which froze my browser after the simple google search. Tried it three more time, then switched to skyfire. Skyfire worked but then my phone froze right on the page(couldn't do anything, had to ctr shift delete). Then flashed to miui where it is now but its glitching out as well. lol it really seems like no rom can help my phone out at this point, i just need a new phone. :frown: Tonight i think im nuking it with a clean sbf and just running stock froyo till nexus drops. ive already nuked it 3 times this month though... Nexus really needs to come out soon or im going to have to bite on the d4 when it releases. i could return d4 then but im not sure if i would do that. My d1 was nice but it is just barely hangin in their. :dry:
Wow, didn't think it was that bad. I use my OG Droid as an extra media device at home and it's almost unbearable lol, compared to you I have no right to complain. Hang in there man, hopefully the rumors are true this time and it'll be out next wekk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called my Verizon and without hesitation I was told they got an email delaying it from tomorrow's "release date" I was also able to confirm a $650 off contract price which I'm ready for :serious:

To the D1 owners, you guys and gals are suffering the worst here, my Bionic is plenty to hold me over - hang in there :)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I called my Verizon and without hesitation I was told they got an email delaying it from tomorrow's "release date" I was also able to confirm a $650 off contract price which I'm ready for :serious:

To the D1 owners you guys and gals are suffering the worst here, my Bionic odd plenty to hold me over - hang in there :)

The places we need to be calling are preimum retailers... if anyone one is going to "miss the memo" it will be them.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The places we need to be calling are preimum retailers... if anyone one is going to "miss the memo" it will be them.

Yeah really, there's one right up the street from me - the suit and tie guy type of retailer, hate those places...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah really, there's one right up the street from me - the suit and tie guy type of retailer, hate those places...
Lol, hate going to a car salesman too but sometimes when you want something you gotta go. At least your going to him all educated about all his products. :biggrin:

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay guys so just to give you an update. We got them in stock today. I'm off so I can't go sneaking a pic but I'll try on Saturday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay guys so just to give you an update. We got them in stock today. I'm off so I can't go sneaking a pic but I'll try on Saturday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I'd rather make my purchase at Best Buy, that's good news - although Best Buy opens at 10 Verizon at 9 :serious:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd rather make my purchase at Best Buy, that's good news - although Best Buy opens at 10 Verizon at 9 :serious:

I'm just happy that I'm not on the East Coast... that way, no matter what happens, I can wake up and check on here and I will know for sure if people have been buying them or not before the stores here have even opened.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But you won't make as much money when a phone is delayed and you can't sell it, and if when it does go on sale you removed half of the reasons why anyone would even want that particular device(no delays, pure google, no bloat, etc...)

Im not talking about making money off of selling the phone. Im talking about negotiations with google about the mobile pay feature. If verizon could NOT include Gwallet and implement ISIS...sure...delaying sales now would end up making them more money down the road.

In my opinion many buyers may not even know what bloat is. They just now it has preinstalled apps. Being vanilla/pure google is not a selling point that is going to win the hearts of the typical consumer strolling into a storefront. Ive seen verizon salesmen pitch the hell out of the Iphone when it first came to verizon....even though there were much better phones in the store. Ive seen them actually steer customers who were looking and playing with an android phone away from it toward the iphone and how its the "best" phone they have now. And the customers just this epiphany look in their eyes...."wow.....BEST phone". Start talking about features...most people will start yawning.

Then there's us....give us the phone...NOW. :p I dont care whats going on with it. If there WAS any bugs to squash...google will fix it quickly....or the dev community.