Possible Delay!!!

speedfreeq

Reaction score
If you stay away from 2.3 roms you're fine og can't run the Gb. Too little memory for the old guy...

Beg to differ. Mine has been running GB with no issues since 2.3.3 dropped. Hard to give her up! Nexus may be the answer? Let's hope it drops with less built- in bugs than Tbolt or Bionic! Haven't been able to pull the trigger on either after handling them & reading some of the posts here on DF...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Beg to differ. Mine has been running GB with no issues since 2.3.3 dropped. Hard to give her up!

+1 on this.

Running 2.3.7 @1.1GHz with no more hassles than I had with Froyo, and runs smoother. Link2SD is a BIG help.

I think I'm going to sit tight until after the holidays. If I had to pull the trigger soon, it'd probably be the Nexus, but I want to see how it shakes out and actually get my hands on one.

warnette

Reaction score
Most of the time the data stops. No 4g or 3g, No discernible pattern or triggers.

Given I have no attachment to this phone, im very comfortable saying this phone has no business being sold. It makes less sense considering the super stringent standards Verizon used to have.
1. The data dropping. OTA or not this should have never happened.
2. The screen, yes its bright but it looks terrible. It needs to be refined so the "screen door" bit is gone.

The rest I can pass off a quirks, but the above mentioned I cannot forgive.

To avoid hijacking that's all im going to say on how terrible this device is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scottd

Reaction score
My bet is that the Galaxy Nexus will be released no later than 11/28 (Cyber Monday) as a web event. I would not be surprised to see the web-only date of 11/21 either and an in-store date on Friday. As someone very familiar to marketing, It would not be wise for Verizon to wait much beyond Black Friday. Samsung certainly wouldn't want them to. If it is being released on 11/17 overseas then I would not expect a release in the US to be more than 2 weeks from that either. Verizon will wait until the last minute to get all the hype from the RAZR and Rezound out of the way.

I am amazed at the fact that Verizon and Motorola released the Bionic and RAZR with so many major bugs. I am on my third Bionic and NOBODY at VZW or Moto can even tell me whether it will be fixed and when the OTA is coming. I have been without a data connection all day and they just say to do a factory reset. Okay, that will work! If the Nexus is truly the phone that it is on paper then I think Moto will be sorry that they ever released these two bricks.

JWellington

Reaction score
A contact of mine here in NC told me that the Nexus could be Delayed until December!!! He told that this has been going around the office. The reason behind it is that Verizon does not have any strong phone release for December and the Galaxy Nexus will fit in as a Top Notch phone for the month of December. November has the Motorola RazR and HTC rebound. I am still praying for a November release but it is up to Verizon.

LMAO HTC REBOUND, LULZ.

Sent from my DROIDX

cdf3

Reaction score
I am amazed at the fact that Verizon and Motorola released the Bionic and RAZR with so many major bugs. I am on my third Bionic and NOBODY at VZW or Moto can even tell me whether it will be fixed and when the OTA is coming. I have been without a data connection all day and they just say to do a factory reset. Okay, that will work! If the Nexus is truly the phone that it is on paper then I think Moto will be sorry that they ever released these two bricks.

I am so glad I returned my Bionic within the 14 day return period.
I would constantly deal with lose of signal and random reboots. They claimed a fix would be out by November. This month is half way over, and still no update.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

JWellington

Reaction score
Wow. And here I was considering to get the bionic just because I wanted to get into the dual-core LTE world.

Sent from my DROIDX

edan

Reaction score
The @googlenexus contest on twitter starts today. It goes for 10 days ending on the 21st. In my experience, contests like this end on release day so my money is on the 21st. Go check it out, maybe you can win one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums