OFFICIAL: Droid 2 Pre-Release thread

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
No menu key on that possible prototype keyboard??? Hmmm.....

viperman5000

Reaction score
Our Motorola Rep told us about the Droid2 and Droid Ultra.

Droid 2 supposedly launches in the next few months, snapdragon with a better keyboard.

Droid Ultra 4th quarter... with a High def screen and Camera, front facing camera.

He supposedly seen a test model of the Droid 2 already.

Either way he said he didn't see a big enough difference in the second generation Droid to warrant a purchase.

I'll hold off till the Ultra releases.

hi, first post here. i'm stuck with a crappy bb until i save up/next moto droid comes out.

anyways, my guess is from this (^^) post.
droid shadow - mb810, mb710 successor, which looks a lot like recent leaks
droid 2 - a995, droid1 (a885) successor
droid pro/ultra - q4

maybe from what this guy said, the reason the phones are getting pushed back is because they originally came with snapdragon processors, and are being upgraded to omap3630s which would make sense (hardware upgrade).

i'm also assuming this because motorola said somewhere, don't remember where, that they wouldn't be purchasing snapdragon processors anymore.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If thats true about the Snapdragon, thank u Motorola. I never knew they used them before.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah snapdragons sucks. omap ftw :D. 3630 will be speedy. sadly just with sgx 530 but better then nothing.

R

Romple

yeah snapdragons sucks. omap ftw :D. 3630 will be speedy. sadly just with sgx 530 but better then nothing.

Did you see this video?

[video=youtube;lQQM3w8atsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQM3w8atsM&feature=youtu.be&a]YouTube - Texas Instruments 65nm OMAP3430 vs 45nm OMAP3630[/video]

Look at the frame rates @ around 1:30 if you haven't.

HCdroid

Reaction score
...and from the ahses the DROID 2 shall rise...

droid-2-activate1.jpg

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh oh....We need to see it slid open.

Thanks for the pic. Froyo has everyone so occupied u almost forget about the new phones. lol Thanks for reminding us.

guma822

Reaction score
god i hope this thing comes out soon. ive had my upgrade available for 2 months now and im completely torn whether or not to wait for the droid 2 or just get the droid 1 now. btw i NEED a physical keyboard, screw the touchscreen keyboard

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score