Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

BullDroid

Reaction score
i went to the hacks section to see if such a thread existed, and it didnt (as of a half hour ago at least), so i figured i'd post it on this thread pertaining to the update because, well, it pertains to the update (not out of laziness). I guess next time i'll just start my own thread, but oh well, live and learn.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...1-sholes-info-edition-updated-01-16-10-a.html

Here's the link for the thread I was referring too! Took me 5 mins to find and I am using my Droid!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hahaha lol seeing the "updates" on this thread is making me antsy lol I'm going to try and forget this update is already rolling out maybe it'll make the wait a little more bearable, and not to mention it'll be more exciting when I do get it lol

christophersquid

Reaction score
i went to the hacks section to see if such a thread existed, and it didnt (as of a half hour ago at least), so i figured i'd post it on this thread pertaining to the update because, well, it pertains to the update (not out of laziness). I guess next time i'll just start my own thread, but oh well, live and learn.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...1-sholes-info-edition-updated-01-16-10-a.html

Here's the link for the thread I was referring too! Took me 5 mins to find and I am using my Droid!
oh! cool! thanks a lot i'll go there right now!!!

huskur

Reaction score
Hahaha lol seeing the "updates" on this thread is making me antsy lol I'm going to try and forget this update is already rolling out maybe it'll make the wait a little more bearable, and not to mention it'll be more exciting when I do get it lol

my sentiments exactly

hart.jordan

Reaction score
Any real noticeable difference with this anyone sees? Just trying to see how I'm gonna deal with waiting for a few more days.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok well for my situation i dont know what to do, i rooted my droid to the 2.0.1 software bc i was to anxious to wait for the OTA update, well i dont know how to make a custom rom or anything,the only reason i did it was because i wanted to 2.0.1 quicker. So when this update that yall are talking about is available, will i recieve it on my phone OTA or not? and if not do will i have to basicly restart my phone from nothing? Sorry if it a dumb or noob question but i have seen this question asked but not really a clear answer , so please dont flame, i dont think its neccesary

Don't consider it a flame, just a piece of advice. If you're not technically sophisticated about this sort of thing, perhaps you should try to overcome your desire to be the first kid on the block with a new toy and not "root" your phone and download updates manually.

The reason you haven't seen a "clear answer" to your question is that no one has any idea what you actually did to your phone and (apart from some educated guesses by those who know what they're doing) no one knows whether the OTA update will work on your phone. And it doesn't sound as if you know exactly what you did to your phone either.

Finally, consider that whatever answer is correct, you're more or less stuck unless you want to do a factory reset and start over. And that makes little sense at this point. Just try to contain yourself and wait to see what happens. The worst case is that the OTA update won't work for you. Then you can figure out what to do.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but the advice applies to a number of folks besides you. You just happen to be unlucky enough to have been in the line of fire.

Newton122189

Reaction score
yeah, i think at this point most people are best off just sticking with whatever setup they have until 2.1 officially gets out there, after that it should be clear whether rooted users have to revert and update like regular or if they can just update or have a special version of the os created for root users

Technoman

Reaction score
Ok, I have read through all of the posts to get me up to date on this thread, and I do not see if anyone has this maintenance release as a manual update yet. Did I miss a post? I hate trusting that the OTA will be pushed without any CRC errors (work in an industry where software pushes fail too many times). I would prefer to perform ALL of my upgrades manually if at all possible (especially ones the size of this one).

bd1212

Reaction score
Just got the update. Just as everyone else has said, nothing seems to have changed.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I think my Droid is working on getting/downloading the update.

I noticed around 2:30 PM today (EST) that my Droid was a bit laggy and the battery had gown down to 80% after being off the charger for about 4 hours (which is very unusual). I checked out my battery usage and the first item is Android System at 62% of my usage. If I tap on that it breaks down what processes fall under Android System, and System update is the first item.

I don't have a notification of an update yet, but I would imagine sometime in the very near future.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Still no update here in suffern, ny. My Droid was acting funny earlier but then i realized my Dialer had crashed so i had to force stop it to fix it. nothing else though yet so far.

krazykarl

Reaction score
I think my Droid is working on getting/downloading the update.

I noticed around 2:30 PM today (EST) that my Droid was a bit laggy and the battery had gown down to 80% after being off the charger for about 4 hours (which is very unusual). I checked out my battery usage and the first item is Android System at 62% of my usage. If I tap on that it breaks down what processes fall under Android System, and System update is the first item.

I don't have a notification of an update yet, but I would imagine sometime in the very near future.
Ever get that update?

If you haven't installed it yet, can you please upload the update.zip for those of us who'd like to get ahold of it?