Motorola Droid Turbo Soak Test Invites Hitting Inboxes; Android 5 or just Maintenance?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A Co worker on a g3(they just got advanced calling too) couldn't call me.. Kept getting an error that my number was disconnected.. She could call others and I could call out...others could call me too.. So. Idk..

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have been told that both, have to be in 4G... or if one is and then isn't your best bet is to turn off Advance Call or it's going to drop you or not find you. Just a thought... My 4G is nice when the wind is blowing the right direction when I'm at work. But home it's 4 bars and wonderful but I don't know anyone other than my wife that has AD.C. and I hear ...... never mind.. :)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hey guys, make sure to double check your voicemail to confirm it's actually working after you activate VoLTE. (Of course this happened on my S5, not Turbo) but you may experience the same thing. When updating to VoLTE, it deactivated my voicemail and I had no idea until someone left me a voicemail on my work phone informing me that they couldn't leave a VM on my cell. Sounds like similar issues are occurring on this device as well. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have been told that both, have to be in 4G... or if one is and then isn't your best bet is to turn off Advance Call or it's going to drop you or not find you. Just a thought... My 4G is nice when the wind is blowing the right direction when I'm at work. But home it's 4 bars and wonderful but I don't know anyone other than my wife that has AD.C. and I hear ...... never mind.. :)

From what I understand, you can make or receive calls while on Advanced Calling over 4G, whether to other Advanced Calling participants or not, and whether they're on a landline, 4G or not. The only things that set this apart from earlier calling if my memory and interpretation are good...are the following:

1) If the call starts on 4G and it's an HD call, and you or the other party loses 4G, the call will drop.

2) If your call starts on 3G and you move to 4G, the call will remain on 3G.