Coming Soon to a Droid near you!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It follows the pattern of the IPhone - it's meant to be bulletproof and so Jobs can't allow people to customize it or allow things like Flash that will interfere with the operating system.

That's the huge difference between Android and the IPhone - Android is an open system and the IPhone is a closed system.

Many people do prefer a closed system that always works and they way you expect... that's why the IPhone is popular..

But there are alot of people who want an open system and now that they can have their cake and eat it too, are changing over to Android.

Nope, Adobe is making it easy to port flash games/apps to run on the iPhone however the iPhone is not getting flash 10.1.

Besides Android, other platforms getting Flash 10.1 are WebOS, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile.

The funny part is its not like Adobe hasnt tried. They've been basically begging Apple for the past 3 years to let them put flash on the iPhone in some form but Steve Jobs basically said Flash Mobile doesnt have enough features and Flash 9/10 are too bloated and slow.

Now here it is, 2010 and a GPU accelerated Flash is coming to all the main Smart Phones EXCEPT the iPhone.

twofourturbo

Reaction score

DrDiff

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of every Simpsons eppisode where they ride with the kids in the car...

Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!

Shel

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of every Simpsons eppisode where they ride with the kids in the car...

Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!
Are we there yet? NO!

Is it here yet?

Technoman

Reaction score
I just want the internal fm transmitter app for the droid

HUH?? You have me confused with your statement.
Internal FM transmitter APP? An internal FM transmitter would have to be hardware based, and the MOTO Droid doesn't have it. All Radio APPS are internet based streaming applications. Each has it's own set of supported streams based on where they are picking up the base from.

Once we have Flash, we should be able to play from the browser at Radiotime.com. They have the most comprehensive list of stations that I have seen. There is also an APP that points to radiotime that is being developed for the Android OS. I have posted that in other threads, but the APP is WunderRadio.

samdevor

Reaction score
The droid actually does have an internal fm transmitter built into it's hardware FCC won't let us use it, someone is bound to figure it out soon enough though

SRR1138

Reaction score
Isn't the supposed transmitter, the cell transmitter. Since they use part off RF band, FM transmission, is probably used, for that. I could be wrong of course.

m21knight

Reaction score
Cellular and FM communication are completly different communication standards and would require 2 sets of hardware to function indipendantly of eachother.