Leak .242?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so that log looks good. However, that confirms that indeed you have a corrupt file on your sdcard-ext. SIGH. Without being able to pull it and recopy the update zip over to it, this is going to be rather difficult. Please tell me you still have the 238 update on your sdcard-ext? If so, I can fix this. If not....I won't be able to without you being able to write to the sdcard from another device.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Ok, so that log looks good. However, that confirms that indeed you have a corrupt file on your sdcard-ext. SIGH. Without being able to pull it and recopy the update zip over to it, this is going to be rather difficult. Please tell me you still have the 238 update on your sdcard-ext? If so, I can fix this. If not....I won't be able to without you being able to write to the sdcard from another device.

A loooong time ago, you told me not to remove any update.zip's from my SD Card... so the .238 is still there.

Milroy

Reaction score
No. You will NOT! :) You will use the install 242 option. This has been fixed since HoB 4.0. REINSTALL is to fix issues with your current install. Install is to move up to that version from whatever you happen to be on.

So I did use the right one. Hmmm... Not sure why it wouldn't boot then

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
A loooong time ago, you told me not to remove any update.zip's from my SD Card... so the .238 is still there.

You're my favorite customer. :D Please follow these directions and we'll get 238 back up and running and then figure out what's going on with 242.

o) Boot the phone in AP Fastboot. Hold volume down while hitting power
o) Load up the HoB. Select REINSTALL 238.
o) Start at option 3 and let it flash with RSD
o) When flashing is finished, shut the phone off, boot up in recovery, and install the 238 update. Wipe the cache and reboot. (IOW follow the steps in option 4)

Once you have 238 booted, we're going to need to see what's going on with the 242 update zip on your sdcard.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I did use the right one. Hmmm... Not sure why it wouldn't boot then

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

You're having issues? I'll see if I can help. What's going on with it? I used the INSTALL 242 option myself last night and it worked fine, so, I know it works.

virgil71468

Reaction score
Send updated hob link I'll dl tonight

Sent from my ICS .238 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The 242 support installer is in the HoB OP.

OP
JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I'm still on .2233 but getting very impatient I've had this loaded since the day it was found. I'm probably gonna flash .232 today would love yo go to .242 but no fxz scares me.

dautley

Reaction score
Thanks Samuri but that one cuts off all the info from Kernel version down. Trying to find one with the full kernel version, build number, and build date. :)

Last edited:

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
With abnormally high amounts of sweat under the armpit, and a wife saying: "No way you're buying another phone, nice try though..." I am pleased to report that I've gotten back on .238 *wipes sweat from brow*. Thanks Samuri!!!! Goes to show that ONE SHOULD NOT REMOVE PREVIOUS UPDATE .ZIP FILES JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT CURRENTLY USING THEM!!! Now to figure out why the .242 didn't take.... :blink:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Alright....good man. Now, I want you to do the following:

o) Get hashtab installed on your PC if you don't have it already
o) Get the md5 hash for the update zip in the 242 folder and post it here
o) DELETE the 242 update from your sdcard-ext
o) Load up the HoB and push it again and this time make SURE that it says it was successfully pushed.