Does 242/244 Fix These 232 Problems?

BePrepared

Reaction score
My patience has just about worn out waiting on an OTA. I'm on 232, and it has certainly fixed my connectivity problems, but there is a significant lag in just about every app. Facebook seems to be one of the worst. I open it, and I always get a "FB not responding message." I click "wait", and it finally opens. Using the Bluetooth voice dialing, I get the same thing. Everything just seems to drag.

For those on 232, do you experience the same thing? Does 242 and 244 fix this? If so, I'm going to 244.

linuxgator

Reaction score
I never experienced that on .232, .242, or .244.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

markc23

Reaction score
My 232 is laggy as well, not ALL the time but often. Considering going to 242 if there's no OTA this week.

92ehatch

Reaction score
My gmail is laggy on 232 and wasn't on 2232. Worth it though my GPS works now

Tonik

Reaction score
My patience has just about worn out waiting on an OTA. I'm on 232, and it has certainly fixed my connectivity problems, but there is a significant lag in just about every app. Facebook seems to be one of the worst. I open it, and I always get a "FB not responding message." I click "wait", and it finally opens. Using the Bluetooth voice dialing, I get the same thing. Everything just seems to drag.

For those on 232, do you experience the same thing? Does 242 and 244 fix this? If so, I'm going to 244.

Have you wiped your cache?

ruinah

Reaction score
+1 on the cache. I did a factory reset before i flashed ICS anyway. It's been pretty smooth ever since. I do reboot every few days to clean up some memory that doesn't seem to like to clear itself. Otherwise, snappy.

manddarran

Reaction score
Mine was laggy until I cleaned the Bionic out. I wiped mine completely and now it screams. Battery is even better. I am 244 btw.

Reaction score
I tried cache and Dalvik wipe, but those didn't help. Factory reset and manual reload of all my apps and settings did seem to goose it a bit at first, but the lag has returned over the last three days or so. I definitely think there's something going on with 232 that makes it susceptible to slow-downs.

jwilly216

Reaction score
donchan123 said:
How can i make a post as i need to ask a question

Yes i believe he was serious. On my phone i hit the menu button and there it's an option to start a new thread. If ur on a computer just look for something that says new thread

kurumatt

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with verizon. They said the OTA is due out on the 15th. I was complaining about dropping signal and the phone randomly rebooting even after a factory reset.

welsalex

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with verizon. They said the OTA is due out on the 15th. I was complaining about dropping signal and the phone randomly rebooting even after a factory reset.

ONE day from now is friday, the usual day of a soak test. For the past two and a half months Ive been holding my breath every week as we get closer to each friday. Well here it goes again *takes big breath and holds it*...........

Edited to remove brain fart