Worth going to .232?

drice72

Reaction score
I am currently running .2233 stock, rooted. I installed it awhile back; ran fine but lately has been getting very laggy. I have cleaned davlik cache, wiped cache in recovery. Still programs are hanging up, phone hangs before opening app drawer. So I'm looking at some of the releases that have come after. I'm not sure about going to .235 ---> .242 where there is no FXZ back to get on the OTA path. I believe that leaves me with either a custom ROM or going to .232. Are any of them a vastly large improvement over .2233?

CamoCustom

Reaction score
I was on .2233 at first, and since then, I installed .229 when it was leaked. I have been on that leak since June. Only issues I have, are apps and phone locking up when opening them from the App Folder Organizer and only once since using the Stacked apps on homescreen. Other than that, no problems at all, and that only happens barely once a week.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you use my House of Bionic you can get to 232 from where you are without any data or app loss. The process is very simple. You just download the HoB full installer, the components, and the 232 support installer. Install them in that order. Connect your phone to USB, set it to MTP mode, and run the HouseOfBionic.bat. Choose the INSTALL 232 option and do each menu item in order. 1 will push the update to your sdcard-ext, 2 will reboot you into AP Fastboot mode, 3 will flash the files needed for your phone to install 232, 4 will walk you through rebooting from AP Fastboot mode into recovery, installing the 232 update, and wiping the cache. 5 will optionally root it. Then you're done. Takes about 30-40 minutes total and you'll be on 232.

OP
D

drice72

Reaction score
If you use my House of Bionic you can get to 232 from where you are without any data or app loss. The process is very simple. You just download the HoB full installer, the components, and the 232 support installer. Install them in that order. Connect your phone to USB, set it to MTP mode, and run the HouseOfBionic.bat. Choose the INSTALL 232 option and do each menu item in order. 1 will push the update to your sdcard-ext, 2 will reboot you into AP Fastboot mode, 3 will flash the files needed for your phone to install 232, 4 will walk you through rebooting from AP Fastboot mode into recovery, installing the 232 update, and wiping the cache. 5 will optionally root it. Then you're done. Takes about 30-40 minutes total and you'll be on 232.

I'll give it a try when I get home today. Thanks.

OP
D

drice72

Reaction score
I take it from these replies that moving to .232 is worth it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would. It's the last of the non-secured versions. Meaning it lets you FXZ back to 905 if something catastrophic happens.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I've been on 232 for about a month and it has been running flawlessly. I recommend!

matt4158

Reaction score
232 is definitely worth it I haven't dropped dropped signal, and it's really smooth

OP
D

drice72

Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Thanks SamuriHL! That is a nice script. It saves some time for sure!

jimbarr

Reaction score
I've been on 232 from an earlier version of SamuraiHL's script, and it's been very solid. If you want to go the flash route, this is a great way to go as you will end up with a great taste of ICS with a fallback path.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I was on 223 when it came out and I no sooner got it downloaded and installed and another version was out, and then another, and then another. I decided to stay on 223 until the leaks had about stopped and then catch up. 223 was just about perfect for me; my Bionic worked the best it had ever had. So I was reluctant to "upgrade" to a later version of ICS. I finally bit the bullet and flashed 232, although the initial method I tried to use (902 don't loose data, etc.) didn't work for me. I had to factory reset, install 902, manually upgrade to 905, flash 232, reinstall all my apps, restore data from TB. It ended up being a huge ordeal and took an entire Saturday. I can't pinpoint exactly what's different about 232, (response time seems longer?), but I do know that after using 232 for about a week now I was MUCH happier with 223 overall. I haven't been disappointed in an "upgrade" until now. It's not bad, it's just not as good as 223, at least not on my phone. I'm not going to go back to 223 because of all that was involved in getting to 232 and having my phone all set up again, etc. It doesn't seem worth all that time and effort when the phone is working well, just not as speedy and responsive as I found it with 223. Especially if the official ICS is about to be pushed out sometime this month = ? I can wait a few weeks (or more).

~my 2 cents

AlexSB

Reaction score
The .232 ROM is probably the best ROM out there!

Well, Team HATERS are doing a pretty good job as well

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

92ehatch

Reaction score
Just went from 2233 to 2 3 2 and it fixed my slow GPS issue and runs much faster i would do it