Installed .232 Leak but could not get service

Reaction score
In hindsight I don't know what was possessing me to keep rooting it because once I had Everything Installed Rooting was Cake with Razors Edge Kind of Feel Stupid Looking Back. I guess because I was Rooted each time when the Update would Check Current System it would Detect the Change and Fail the Update.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
BionicRockinTh3oryRoms said:
In hindsight I don't know what was possessing me to keep rooting it because once I had Everything Installed Rooting was Cake with Razors Edge Kind of Feel Stupid Looking Back. I guess because I was Rooted each time when the Update would Check Current System it would Detect the Change and Fail the Update.

Well ur one of the rare cases then cuz the system check doesn't even check for permissions it checks the system all root is is an exploit that changes the permissions Just like if u were to go into the terminal on a Linux based system ie. Ubuntu an type in su to give u root privileges

Reaction score
It's no big deal I have Everything Working Great and have since installed 6.7.232 which Runs Amazingly and Have installed Safestrap and Liquid v1.5 was just trying to give the User Advise on What Worked for Me. In the End I'm Sure that You are Much More Experienced then Me.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's no big deal I have Everything Working Great and have since installed 6.7.232 which Runs Amazingly and Have installed Safestrap and Liquid v1.5 was just trying to give the User Advise on What Worked for Me. In the End I'm Sure that You are Much More Experienced then Me.

Lol not trying to give a hard time txt is hard to convey ones feelings on a subject lol its just people automatically assume its root when its actually the modified something with root they shouldn't have but yeah I am glad it worked for u

OP
B

Badger1313

Reaction score
My fxz that's stickied in the bionic general forums leave ur internal storage intact fxzs do not even touch the external SD card (aka sdcard-ext) an my personal opinion never use an fxz that leaves data intact cuz if u have made certain system modifications that the fxz system.img file can't flash back it will stay intact through the fxz an can cause serious problems just use romtool box or tibu an restore ur app data after u finish updating

I am confused. you state to use the 902 FXZ that is listed on your sticky. Step 3 of your sticky provides: newvrz_xt875_5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.us_cfc_01.xml.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

This is the 902 version I have been using for FXZ. In your sticky you say this will leave internal storage untouched. Here you say in "your personal opinion never use an fxz that leaves data intact". Aren't internal storage and data the same thing? Is there a different version I need to use to solve my issue. If so, please send me a link.

Things move so fast on these threads. it can be hard to find the files.:blink:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Badger1313 said:
I am confused. you state to use the 902 FXZ that is listed on your sticky. Step 3 of your sticky provides: newvrz_xt875_5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.us_cfc_01.xml.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

This is the 902 version I have been using for FXZ. In your sticky you say this will leave internal storage untouched. Here you say in "your personal opinion never use an fxz that leaves data intact". Aren't internal storage and data the same thing? Is there a different version I need to use to solve my issue. If so, please send me a link.

Things move so fast on these threads. it can be hard to find the files.:blink:
Ur internal storage is completely different from ur system partition ur data is on the system partition not the internal storage internal storage just holds ur personal data like pics/vids/ downloads an tibu an Tom tool box back ups an disregard the link above it is not what u want

wseyller

Reaction score
I would fxz with a complete wipe. Except external sd card of course. Fxz should never touch removable memory. Wiping it fresh should ensure success of using the ics leaks without issue. Leaving some data intact maybe a cause of the issue to begin with. Normally it is ok to leave the data but your case may be special.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran the FXZ to 902 then I ran the OTA to 905 then ran recovery to install 6.7.232 worked great then used razors edge to root.

U didn't read his op his radio is broken u pretty much told him to do the exact same thing I did plus that fxz in the link is a complete wipe he will lose everything an that's not what he wants read the op before providing suggestions

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
wseyller said:
I would fxz with a complete wipe. Except external sd card of course. Fxz should never touch removable memory. Wiping it fresh should ensure success of using the ics leaks without issue. Leaving some data intact maybe a cause of the issue to begin with. Normally it is ok to leave the data but your case may be special.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

U repeated what I just told him an u should never leave data intact when fxzing unless ur unrooted an completely stock especially when updating

OP
B

Badger1313

Reaction score
Do not follow this u will end up with no service again

I understand, but the FXZ file I listed above gave me no service. The only thing I ded differently was to reload all my apps during the week I was waiting. Is there a different file or should I try again with no apps oe root? Don't mean to be dense, just do not want to do endless repeats of same steps with same results. Thanks again.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Badger1313 said:
I understand, but the FXZ file I listed above gave me no service. The only thing I ded differently was to reload all my apps during the week I was waiting. Is there a different file or should I try again with no apps oe root? Don't mean to be dense, just do not want to do endless repeats of same steps with same results. Thanks again.

If u are getting no service after the update but u have service after the fxz it's a bad update cheese cake or download a new one an fxz especially mine will never leave u without a radio cuz it flashes the 902 radio on ur device