Leak .242?

virgil71468

Reaction score
Assuming 242 winds up being ota for bionic if there is ever a "patch" for ota 242 update, by now having 242 on the bionic any theoretical patch coming down the pike will have us back on ota path?

Sent from my ICS .238 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your question still makes no sense. There's no "patch". The leaked update is it. That's what'll end up being pushed OTA for all 905 users. So if you're already on 242 and that ends up being the OTA, then you are on the OTA. I don't get what else you think you'd have to do at that point?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully closer to OTA? :D I'm assuming they fixed the smart action location bug from 238 but I've not had a chance to test it.

virgil71468

Reaction score
That is what i was getting at, lol. Was tinkin delivering saying wtf tgif

Sent from my ICS .238 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think he's asking that if he has 242 will he receive future updates if 242 turns out to be the one that goes out ota...

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok. :) If 242 is what they release OTA, we're going to pull it from a phone, check the MD5 hash and triple verify it's the same as the leak we have. (Almost guaranteed). And those on 242 will call it a day and will be on the OTA path again. And those 232 or lower will have a bit of work to do. Once OTA is out, the 232 users have a major choice to make. FXZ back to 905 and lose their data and apps and get a fresh start with the OTA, or, use the HoB to upgrade to it without losing data and apps. Those planning to FXZ to 905 from 232 and keep their data are in for a world of trouble IMO. They're better off using the HoB.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think he's asking that if he has 242 will he receive future updates if 242 turns out to be the one that goes out ota...

Yup, I got it now. Sorry for the confusion. Wasn't really sinking in. But yes, IF 242 ends up being the OTA, we're good to go.

Milroy

Reaction score
You're having issues? I'll see if I can help. What's going on with it? I used the INSTALL 242 option myself last night and it worked fine, so, I know it works.

I'm good now, thanks though. The only question I have is after RSD is finished just clear cache and reboot. Right? I'm used to doing everything manually and the automation trips me up sometimes. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm good now, thanks though. The only question I have is after RSD is finished just clear cache and reboot. Right? I'm used to doing everything manually and the automation trips me up sometimes. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Don't clear the cache until the update successfully installs in recovery. If you do, you'll cause a whole headache that's not fun to fix. So, RSD finishes flashing, phone stays in AP Fastboot, shut the phone off, reboot into recovery, install the update, wipe the cache, THEN reboot from recovery and you're good to go.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues to speak of in any of the previous leaks. This just seems like yet another more polished build. I hope the smart actions bug from 238 is fixed but haven't checked yet. Overall, I think they're at the quality I'd expect from an OTA release. Surely better than 905 and whatever the razr got. :D

Milroy

Reaction score
Ahhhh ic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2