Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

Quantify

Reaction score
I just tested it again and if you take your finger and hold it over the top left part of the phone you will see the screen go black...if you hold it there and move the phone around you will see the light come back on here and there...its not supposed to be like that...maybe my phone is just defective but this has never happened before...

Oh and I did this through CL about 4 days ago...
just did your test..my proximity sensor works as expected....

You may want to flash SPRecovery and install that way. CW/ROM Manager is sketchy with 2.2 right now

What's wrong with CM/ ROM Manager with 2.2? I haven't heard of anyone having problems that weren't related to the recovery flash issue that was fixed a couple of weeks ago. Is there something else? I've installed BB 0.4 and Kangerade 1.0 with zero issues. Would hate to go back to SPR...it's very klugey in comparison to CW.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well Cereal, let me first start by saying, I watch all the forums and I have learned and lots about what I do from a lot of people including you... and if there is one thing that sticks out in my mind more than anything else I have learned here, it is that you don't like clockwork and you always push sp recovery on everyone...

While I don't share your passion for sp recovery, I do respect your opinion...

Hi mph122074,

Sorry if it came across like that. My only objective is to get you a good install not to push anything on anyone. It's only a suggestion based on a a proven recovery option. I'm sorry if I offended you for suggesting you use it. It wasn't my intention. Again , my apologies.

At any rate I'm sure you already saw this post but somebody else may be able to use this method if they are using ROM Manager and want to get good installs.

I use ROM Manager to download, but have found that the automated installs are quirky on 2.2. I download the ROM and all options and cancel install. Then I boot to recovery and manually install from the download directories. This has worked perfectly flashing 2.2 ROM's so far.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thinking about giving this a try.......ima guess ima have to wipe data and cache huh

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's a funny "bug" - just mounted my sdcard in Ubuntu and the device name comes up as a ton of whitespace and "</body>". I think it used to say "16 GB storage".

Deuel

Reaction score
thinking about giving this a try.......ima guess ima have to wipe data and cache huh

I installed over BB.04 without any wipes and all went well for me. Others have not had such luck doing this. Obviously being prepared to wipe is best. I would suggest installing any fix updates after confirming the base ROM works well. Some have had issues installing everything serially. Good luck!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
downloading from sapphire wiki to my laptop and backing up apps with titanium...ima give it a try

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still in the install mode, but can I get a boot image of the SF 49ers or Predators instead of the sapphire. No disrespect to you guys emblem but I don't wear a lot of jewelry.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh I know I want the 49er cheerleaders shaking their pom poms as an opening. Heck Ill pay for that...opening "tryna keep it PG 13, I know CK was on here earlier.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Still in the install mode, but can I get a boot image of the SF 49ers or Predators instead of the sapphire. No disrespect to you guys emblem but I don't wear a lot of jewelry.

The file is /system/media/bootanimation.zip. You can delete that file to go back to the stock android boot animation or replace that zip file with the animation of your choice. I believe you could also put the animation in /data/local and get the same result.

Deuel

Reaction score
oh I know I want the 49er cheerleaders shaking their pom poms as an opening. Heck Ill pay for that...opening "tryna keep it PG 13, I know CK was on here earlier.

LOL!! No disrespect to the 49's or their lovely cheerleaders, but that would just force me to reboot too often! I use the the American flag boot animation that carlZ28 put together for your 4th of July contest.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i can not scale down or adjust in set cpu

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like i lost superuser permissions

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wiping data and cache see if maybe if something is conflicting