Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
so should i put it back up to 1.2ghz. Whats the advantage to have it that high besides the benchmark scores

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I am loving 7.0 now that I am done screwing with it and have it setup the way I want it. I am currently only running the stock kernel as 1Ghz is fast enough for me (I don't do that much with my phone anyway), I was running the P3 1250SV 125-1250 kernel and it was lightning fast.. I may do the kernel upgrade again but had to express my kudos to the development team for their efforts!

tonyr0802

Reaction score
I just did an install through ROM manager that went fine except that I lost SU permissions in the process. Has anyone else lost root while installing this ROM? Any suggestions on how to gain it back other than installing a back up, or is that my only option?

murflee33

Reaction score
I would really like to try this out, but does it have the proximity sensor fix during phone calls added to the rom? Chevy has it in his 4.3 rom and I'm using this rom for this reason.

mph122074

Reaction score
I would really like to try this out, but does it have the proximity sensor fix during phone calls added to the rom? Chevy has it in his 4.3 rom and I'm using this rom for this reason.

I am not sure what you mean here? what would be wrong with the Proximity sensor???

murflee33

Reaction score
Me and a lot of other people have been having problems during phone calls with all the 2.2 roms. During a phone call if you tilt the phone a certain way or try to rest the phone on your shoulder the screen will turn back on causing your face to hit one of the buttons causing problems. Maybe this rom never had this problem?

tonyr0802

Reaction score
Well, I restored a backup to get root again and followed that with a Sapphire install I downloaded from the first page of this thread. Once again I lost root, going back to a backup once again. Anyone else having issues with losing root? Does it matter if I'm using CW or SPR when installing this ROM?

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I restored a backup to get root again and followed that with a Sapphire install I downloaded from the first page of this thread. Once again I lost root, going back to a backup once again. Anyone else having issues with losing root? Does it matter if I'm using CW or SPR when installing this ROM?

Someone was hving the same problem on alldroid. Try a /data wipe. It worked for him

MrMaddog

Reaction score
I have not had a problem with any app seeking location. Also, I had the same market sync issues when flashing fresh 0.7.0, resolved by flashing fresh 6.2 after a system/data/cache wipe, let apps resync, then upgraded to 7.0. ROM looks great guys! Another job well done!

Food for thought - Maybe the build fingerprint is used in the app sync process.

I wiped and installed 0.7.0 - Non of my apps re-synced except for maybe maps. I was able to add them, and then a few new ones that I hadn't had before. I decided to go back to virgin 0.6.2, let it re-sync all, then installed 0.7.0 without a wipe. The installed apps show in the market download list, but the new apps I just installed didn't show up at all.

BTW, I use 7-zip on my Win7 system to update the zip with system apks (or whatever) before I install the rom.

Seems to be working pretty well. Thanks

mph122074

Reaction score
Me and a lot of other people have been having problems during phone calls with all the 2.2 roms. During a phone call if you tilt the phone a certain way or try to rest the phone on your shoulder the screen will turn back on causing your face to hit one of the buttons causing problems. Maybe this rom never had this problem?

Well now that you said it I tested it and seems that I am having a problem with this...

Never realized it before. I will try to put in a request to fix in bugzilla...Thanks for the heads up...

***EDIT***

Ok Bug request entered...Bug #66

Last edited:

PJnc284

Reaction score
That's not a bug, that's how it's designed to work. You're likely not blocking the light sensor if it's on your shoulder. That's how all the roms work for me.

Last edited:

mph122074

Reaction score
That's not a bug, that's how it's designed to work. You're likely not blocking the light sensor if it's on your shoulder. That's how all the roms work for me.

No actually, I tested it both ways...Seems as though now it is a lot easier to get the screen back on...

I noticed it and tested it this morning using my hand as well. Even covering the sensor and just rotating the phone in your hand the light comes back on...

Never had that happen before...

I am going to go back to a 2.1 build and test it a little more and see how it works...