Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no the superuser app is gone. Im wiping and will see what happens

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wonder why that happened to one or two people.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wiping fixed it i have su back

Se7enLC

Reaction score

Bizarre. Superuser.apk should be installed to /system/app and su is installed to /system/bin. Wiping /data and /cache shouldn't make either of them reappear. I suppose if they were there all along and just not working, perhaps clearing the cache/data for the app itself could fix it. Just bizarre...

If somebody else runs into this problem, try erasing data and cache for just the Superuser app and see if that clears up the problem, just for curiosity sake.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
got it up and runnin...bout to put it to the test...:D See if what tank was raving about is all what he hyped it up to be.

Gimic26

Reaction score
Just switched over from running BB .4 as I had issues with two of my most used apps...YouMail and Sirius radio. I could've gone back to a previous version but figured I'd give this a shot.

Everything seems to be going well so far. Great job guys :)

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Bizarre. Superuser.apk should be installed to /system/app and su is installed to /system/bin. Wiping /data and /cache shouldn't make either of them reappear. I suppose if they were there all along and just not working, perhaps clearing the cache/data for the app itself could fix it. Just bizarre...

If somebody else runs into this problem, try erasing data and cache for just the Superuser app and see if that clears up the problem, just for curiosity sake.

i would guess what happened was that there are a few different versions of Superuser around, and that their data must conflict. I have not personally seen this problem or been able to replicate it, so this is mere speculation, but if the Superuser APK was failing due to stale data, then the su program wouldn't work either as it would attempt to tie-in to Superuser, and fail.

I'm guessing this was the problem people are experiencing, and thus a data wipe would fix it as then the old conflicting data would be wiped out.

Glad to hear you got it working though! :D

mph122074

Reaction score

i would guess what happened was that there are a few different versions of Superuser around, and that their data must conflict. I have not personally seen this problem or been able to replicate it, so this is mere speculation, but if the Superuser APK was failing due to stale data, then the su program wouldn't work either as it would attempt to tie-in to Superuser, and fail.

I'm guessing this was the problem people are experiencing, and thus a data wipe would fix it as then the old conflicting data would be wiped out.

Funny you mentioned that cause I kinda touched base on that with a write up I did today on Wipe or Not to Wipe...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/57316-wipe-not-wipe-my-rule-thumb.html

http://http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/57316-wipe-not-wipe-my-rule-thumb.html

Last edited:

Bear in NM

Reaction score

I was gonna post this somewhere this morning, but I have something strange going on with my rom (Pete's frf84b stock) that might relate. Right now, with boring regularity, when I toggle the Root Explorer system r/o r/w button, I lose SU permission. The chmod goes to what looks wrong. I reflashed to a solid back up four times this morning and confirmed each time that simply trying to copy a file into bin would crash SU. Now, I also have busybox that I downloaded from the market, but the sym links look good, it is in bin, but I am not sure if Root Explorer needs a/some particular version on busybox to work, or whether there is a problem with Root Explorer. SUFSB file manager does not break SU. And I always wipe everything multiple times and factory reset multiple times before doing any rom. Same here.

So, your post has me wondering whether that now we have more folks not using the same (read original) core programs (or perhaps source tree) like busybox or perhaps SU that we may have these odd issues that appear to be rom related but may in turn be tied to a larger diversification of the old "core" files.

I have not had the time to properly troubleshoot my situation, but I do know that some combination of Petes frf84b stock and root explorer will not play nice on my phone.

Craig

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Wow is this Rom running smooth and fast, thanks to Sniffle and everyone on the team.....A job well done!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First off, Great Job this Rom is awsome, fast and stable, love the tweaks too.

I installed the smoked blue with fonts but after changing my mind and installed the NO FONTS theme. After reboot I still have the fonts.

Any ideas?

BTW, wiped cashe before 2nd install.

Edit: Just realized what might be the problem. No Fonts folder in NO FONTS update.zip...DUH!!!
Moving fonts folder from stock theme ton NO FONTS theme and retrying

Last edited:
Reaction score

I installed the smoked blue with fonts but after changing my mind and installed the NO FONTS theme. After reboot I still have the fonts.

Any ideas?

Install stock theme then do the smoked blue w/o fonts

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Any ideas?

Yeah, the smoked blue w/o fonts actually has no fonts in the update.zip, so it doesn't replace the ones you installed already.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Any ideas?

Yeah, the smoked blue w/o fonts actually has no fonts in the update.zip, so it doesn't replace the ones you installed already.

Thanks guys I did realizie it right after I posted, just added fonts folder from stock theme to new update. worked great.

It's so cool that you can just mix and match parts into an existing update.zip.

I Love Android