Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

Zharzeu

Reaction score
Swype issue

Hey All! I just finished installing Sapphire for the first time (coming from SS 4.3) and everything is working well, except for Swype. It is saying that it is not configured for this device. I had a similar issue with SS 4.3 and it was fixed by turning off the Apps2SD auto save to SD feature (a2sd script command).

Does Sapphire have anything like this? Or does anyone know another way to get Swype to work, I can't be the only on that this has happened to. :/

Thanks for your help in advance!

wingdo

Reaction score
Hey All! I just finished installing Sapphire for the first time (coming from SS 4.3) and everything is working well, except for Swype. It is saying that it is not configured for this device. I had a similar issue with SS 4.3 and it was fixed by turning off the Apps2SD auto save to SD feature (a2sd script command).

Does Sapphire have anything like this? Or does anyone know another way to get Swype to work, I can't be the only on that this has happened to. :/

Thanks for your help in advance!

Uninstall Swype and reinstall from the installer package. Should work dandy.

white_ash143

Reaction score
When changing themes can we still use the stock theme from 0.6.2 or what? Interested in trying Tank's NexTang port.

skltr21

Reaction score
i keep getting a force close on the market app. ive tried doing the fix he has up on his site but i still get force close...... any suggestions????

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can try replacing your vending.apk with the one from 0.6.2 but I don't know if it will work or not. I have seen nothing but problems from the market update... can't wait for the official 2.2 for the Droid to come out so it might fix the market issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can try replacing your vending.apk with the one from 0.6.2 but I don't know if it will work or not. I have seen nothing but problems from the market update... can't wait for the official 2.2 for the Droid to come out so it might fix the market issue.

Strange....I used the market update and have had no problems....

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Strange....I used the market update and have had no problems....

Me neither actually, but that's the only thing i could think of. Hope it doesn't cause more problems then it was intended to fix.

hawkfrost89

Reaction score
Ok I've been running Sapphire 0.7.0 since it came out. I installed over 0.6.2. Everything has worked great until yesterday. Now I have a problem with a couple of the widgets. For some reason my Battery Left widget quit working. I had to drop and reinstall for it to show correctly. This has never happened before and also I have a ringer toggle widget that I turn silent/vibrate/ring on or off, but it won't work. I can reboot the phone and they will be fine, but then they start acting up again. This has happened like three times since yesterday morning.

Also cvpcs or sniffle, can you get a fix for the MotoTorch? I used mine pretty regularly. I know Chevy has one, because I used it before I switched to Sapphire.

Thanks for any help. I am loving this ROM and not planning on switching to anything else. Mmobley has a sic Orange Theme he's planning on porting to Sapphire and Kookahdoo has his new emerald them. I like both of them.
A big thank you to cvpcs and helpers for this ROM. It is by far the best I've tried.

Last edited:

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Also cvpcs or sniffle, can you get a fix for the MotoTorch? I used mine pretty regularly. I know Chevy has one, because I used it before I switched to Sapphire.

Other flashlight apps work fine - try TeslaLED or SwitchPro. SwitchPRO also has a vibrate/silent/volume switch that works fine.

PJnc284

Reaction score
yeah, TeslaLED is the one I use and has the same features as mototorch. Just received updates to a couple market app so all is well with the world again. Guess the developers had a slow week.