What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got notified from ROM manager of a 1.1.1 sapphire update... could not find any info in here or the wiki page though. Any one know of a change log?

EDIT: Never mind saw the tweet right after i posted this haha

i don't think i'm going to update, i don't see what the big change is..

It is mainly an update for Incredible users, but because of themes being cross compatible across roms, they went ahead and updated sapphire too.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
1.1.1:
Added better camera/camcorder resolution support [cyanogen]
Provides more support for encoding video, audio, and imagery
within the camera application, based on what is supported by
the hardware

Added more new boot animations [Ludacrosse05] (Emerald, Obsidian)
Added the new boot animations from Luda for the emerald and
obsidian builds

Added Bluetooth MAC settings [koush] (Ruby)
Added some bluetooth MAC settings to support Bluetooth Audio
streaming

Moved from libloc to libgps [koush] (Ruby)
Libloc is a deprecated api for GPS, while libgps is newer.

Scan all mounted directories for Media [koush]
Added the ability to scan all of the mounted directories for
media. This allows internal and external storage on some
devices to have their media show up in Gallery/Music/etc.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
DL from ROM manager 1.1.1, incognito, gapps, and SV 1100 kernel and booted up ok but once tried to go into set up phone got keyboard FC error over and over again...

did a data/cache wipe before install then after my constant FC booted into recovery and wiped data/cache 3 more times but still didn't load for me.

Loading up a nandroid and going to try again... hopefully it was a bad install. Anyone else with FC issues yet?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
DL from ROM manager 1.1.1, incognito, gapps, and SV 1100 kernel and booted up ok but once tried to go into set up phone got keyboard FC error over and over again...

did a data/cache wipe before install then after my constant FC booted into recovery and wiped data/cache 3 more times but still didn't load for me.

Loading up a nandroid and going to try again... hopefully it was a bad install. Anyone else with FC issues yet?

Try a lower speed kernel.

Nibbz

Reaction score
the google apps update.zip isnt working installing, i keep getting an error. anyone have a working one?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

I will load with standard one this time... used the SV 1100 on all other sapphire builds which is weird. especially since it was a keyboad FC

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I will load with standard one this time... used the SV 1100 on all other sapphire builds which is weird. especially since it was a keyboad FC

Understood. When running into problems, it's always good to "go back to the basics and simplify simplify simplify" to rule out variables that can have an impact. Good luck!!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just updated with the black bar theme. So far so good.

ellisz

Reaction score
Is there a fix to play wav files? I swear sapphire 1.0 played them in Touchdown but 1.1 does not. I know BB .4 did not play them either so I was really happy when Sapphire 1.0 did.

Was this a fluke or did this change?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a fix to play wav files? I swear sapphire 1.0 played them in Touchdown but 1.1 does not. I know BB .4 did not play them either so I was really happy when Sapphire 1.0 did.

It might have to do with Opencore vs Stagefright. Do you by chance know which you used in 1.0?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just updated with the black bar theme. So far so good.

Yeah, no wipe here and running the black bar theme (though I will probably flash the stock or incognito soon) with no problems so far...

I wiped the cache twice. Once before installing rom, kernel, gapps, black bar (in that order) and once after before the reboot. Everything's working great. Google search and terminal updated fine after the reboot from the market. I'm very pleased, and like the black bar.

ellisz

Reaction score

It might have to do with Opencore vs Stagefright. Do you by chance know which you used in 1.0?

I used what ever was stock with the rom? I think it was opencore as I remember reading Stagefright was having issues? Not sure really.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I used what ever was stock with the rom? I think it was opencore as I remember reading Stagefright was having issues? Not sure really.

Yeah, I think that is what the problem is. In 1.0, opencore was the stock. Now that stagefright has been fixed, it is the stock. I don't know how to change it...

Sent from my Droid

jakechance

Reaction score
I read the wiki but I cannot figure out what makes this different from something like Bugless Beast. Anyone have any insight to help me out?