1.1.1 Sapphire Release and an Anoucement

dakoop

Reaction score
On a fresh install still there. Engine is picotts

my phone made words......

joeyx2

Reaction score
Any way u can make the bootanimation green to match the alien theme.

chewy74

Reaction score
Just loaded wifes droid with sapphire and everything runs great except the power/reboot button. It worked in the beginning and the 5 mins ago it stopped working. Now when I press the button it just sends the phone into reboot and im directly at the sapphire boot animation and didn't even go through the MOTO m screen.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions

Update: the phone will restart now when she hits the power button to turn the screen on or off of sleep.

Pathos

Reaction score
You can make the boot animation whatever you want. I copy and paste using root explorer.

Pathos

Reaction score
Chewy74, did you do a clean install? did you wipe before installing? have you tried wiping and reinstalling? Try downloading the update file again as well.

jrod2183

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with the screen timeout? I've tried a few of the different timeout settings but the screen just stays on. Did a complete wipe/factory reset and all that stuff, everything seems to be working fine except for this, read through pretty much this whole thread and didn't see anything, wondering if anyone has the same issue or a fix

JimmyCarbone

Reaction score
for some reason the only kernel i can get to work with this is chevyno1.. the sapphire approved kernels from the wiki threw me into a bootloop. weird.. anyone else have any problems like that?

guitarman608

Reaction score
well... i just installed sapphire 1.1.1 tonight through the rom manager program and it worked perfectly! i've read this whole thread and i can honestly say that for the last couple hours everything is good. no issues at all !! that rom manager is good and i'm glad i upgraded to the paid version... so feeling brave i installed the cold fusion theme and adw launcher and the theme for the the launcher! my phone is totally cool and still working fine... no issues. this them is cool and now i have my phone just how i like it... blue everywhere!dancedroid i still need to donate to cvcps and to the cold fusion guy but wow.. being a newbie this rooting stuff scared me but it turns out it really wasn't all that hard and everything works fine.. couldn't be happier and thanks to this forum too!!
now my only other question is this... can i install a faster kernel now that ive done all this? i really liked the 7-125- 10000 lv one that was on the original sapphire 1.0.0 this one with the stock recomended kernel seems just a tad bit slow... so i could live with it if i have to!! anyways.. great forum!! thanks in advance for any help!!
rob

guitarman608

Reaction score
may be a noob question here and i cant seem to find the answer... i recently updated from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 and one thing i discovered was missing. the mic icon from the android virtual keyboard. did i do something wrong? seems to work fine on 1.1.1 just missing that one feature as i tend to use it alot. any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
rob

eclsnowman

Reaction score
I haven't seen much on updates or progress in a while. Just wondering how things are going. Looks like last activity on github was around 10/4/2010. I am running tanknspank's 1.1.4 unofficial and having fun with it, but hope to see an official 1.2 some day. Just curious, and I do appreciate your hard work.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think they are busy working on other releases, but, I'm not positive.

Pathos

Reaction score
may be a noob question here and i cant seem to find the answer... i recently updated from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 and one thing i discovered was missing. the mic icon from the android virtual keyboard. did i do something wrong? seems to work fine on 1.1.1 just missing that one feature as i tend to use it alot. any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
rob
download the voice search app from the market and you are good to go

guitarman608

Reaction score
Got it all sorted out.. Everythings working just the way i need it to! Thanks everybody for all your help!!

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Some question about the lock screen music control. I am running 1.1.1 on a Droid. Is it possible that for a future release to let you choose what music player is being used by that control? For now I think the default player cannot be uninstalled, but maybe you can set it so that it does not use it? I've tried 2 other music player apps, Double Twist, and Poweramp. For the DT the lock screen buttons doesn't seem to control it at all, and when I hit play it starts up the stock android one. While for Poweramp(when it wasn't locked out now waiting for paid version) it seems to be a lottery. By default I think it uses the Poweramp but one time I use the lock screen control, while the song still playing, the controls are shown to be the "play" button(as opposed to "prev", "pause", "next"), and if I press it it starts up the default player(so yeah, 2 players playing different songs). Like many I want to stop using the android player so if the paid app comes out for Poweramp I might well buy it, but if I can't get this issue sorted I think it'll be a very odd user experience...

Maybe something to look into?

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
Like many I want to stop using the android player so if the paid app comes out for Poweramp I might well buy it, but if I can't get this issue sorted I think it'll be a very odd user experience...

I really like PowerAmp, but I found it's widget too large (new options introduced with latest version), and unstable (have not tested if this is fixed now, yet). What I did to help it play 'nice' with Sapphire 1.1.1 was to turn off PowerAmp's lock screen controls and let Sapphire's handle it.