Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

FreezerByte

Reaction score
Eww..stock froyo...what its wrong with you?!? =p
Stock gingerbread is some good stuff though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

slagar

Reaction score
Could it be you're using a slayher kernel? If so try the wifi fix

Sent from my Droid

Armyof2

Reaction score
Yeah I've had no bootloops with anything...I've used sapphire kernels and chevy kernels and no problems on either...But i'd look to the kernel for your issue since this is the only bootloop issue we've seen and if it were a rom bug more would have run into it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
2.0.2 is shaping up to be quite nice. Possible release soon? This time the Emerald (Evo) is fully working, so it's just down Tanzinite (Droid 2) to start working again and it will be a 5 phone release! Status bar controls (and an implementation better than cyanogenmod's might I add), swipe to clear individual notifications, and a cleaned up GEM settings are just some of the changes coming around. This is going to be a great release!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tsusai

Reaction score
If I knew as much about the android OS as I did Windows, I'd port this to the Archos Gen8s. I want Sapphire family on that tablet so bad since it runs beautifully on my phone. Hell, if the team wants my spare, you can have it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
2.0.2 is shaping up to be quite nice. Possible release soon? This time the Emerald (Evo) is fully working, so it's just down Tanzinite (Droid 2) to start working again and it will be a 5 phone release! Status bar controls (and an implementation better than cyanogenmod's might I add), swipe to clear individual notifications, and a cleaned up GEM settings are just some of the changes coming around. This is going to be a great release!

Kewl, one platform left, perhaps it will get knocked out over the weekend ...

Either way, 2.0 is great, 2.0.2 only better, and then some Ice cream (why bother with GB or HC, skip it ... Just kiddin ...)

Reaction score
I get a jumpy screen sometimes...

like your touching the screen, and it jumps around. Only does this occasionally though. Minor nuissance

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not having any issues so far with BT, but I have had issues in the past with getting my headsets to pair with a new rom. Try this out.

1. Turn off BT and your headset
2. Turn your headset on and put it in pairing mode
3. Go into BT settings on your phone, turn it on
4. Scan for devices

I have used this approach every time my BT headsets (Jawbone ICON and Moto S305) fail to pair or connect when I am on a new ROM. For whatever reason, turning the headset to pairing and then turning on BT makes it pair and connect more consistently than the other way around.
Well I rebooted my phone, it showed up. Strange, but at least it seems to be working now. Might try my theme again to make sure it had nothing to do with it (I really don't think it did, and that it was just a strange coincidence. Thanks again for the help.

I have to do that even with stock Froyo.

Well it looks like my issue is still around. I have done these steps, and I get my headset connected. But as soon as I move off of the Bluetooth settings screen my connection is broke. I have been going though this for a while now, but I cannot keep my connection. As soon as I connect I switch over to my radio streaming app and when I change the volume it does not say it is adjusting the volume on my headset. This is really bothering me. I haven’t yet done it, but I am to wipe and reinstall and see if that helps anything. Is no one else experiencing this?

jimholcomb

Reaction score
A couple of issues with 2.02.

1) I've had problems waking up my phone, pressing the power button won't bring the screen back. This morning I had to pull the battery. This started with the 1/14 build.

2) Pressing power, then selecting Reboot and then Recovery will not always boot the phone into Recovery mode. I can't remember if this started with the original 2.02 build or the 2.0 release. The first couple of times it happened I thought I had just not pressed the correct button but last night I saw the "Rebooting into Recovery" window and it did a normal reboot.

Jim

Armyof2

Reaction score
2.0.2 doesn't really exist yet so these probably won't be issues in the final build..cvpcs does pretty extensive testing so i'd be surprised if there were glaring bugs like this once it's official

jimholcomb

Reaction score
2.0.2 doesn't really exist yet so these probably won't be issues in the final build..cvpcs does pretty extensive testing so i'd be surprised if there were glaring bugs like this once it's official

I know that 2.02 isn't officially supported but I want to report things I've found while using it - is this the correct place for that?

Jim

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I know that 2.02 isn't officially supported but I want to report things I've found while using it - is this the correct place for that?

Jim

Bugs usually get brought up in the IRC channel by those who build between releases, and even then cvpcs usually figures out most of the bugs. If you want to talk about bugs, drop by the channel, though it's not really necessary.

Phaze08

Reaction score
Would a theme for sapphire 1.1.1 run on this?