Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Well, I restored a backup to get root again and followed that with a Sapphire install I downloaded from the first page of this thread. Once again I lost root, going back to a backup once again. Anyone else having issues with losing root? Does it matter if I'm using CW or SPR when installing this ROM?

Doesn't matter if you use CW or SPR, either one should work fine. Try opening up the Superuser app and see if any applications are listed. What happens when you type "su" at a terminal emulator prompt? Have you tried erasing /data when installing? What were you previously running?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Me and a lot of other people have been having problems during phone calls with all the 2.2 roms. During a phone call if you tilt the phone a certain way or try to rest the phone on your shoulder the screen will turn back on causing your face to hit one of the buttons causing problems. Maybe this rom never had this problem?

Well now that you said it I tested it and seems that I am having a problem with this...

Never realized it before. I will try to put in a request to fix in bugzilla...Thanks for the heads up...

***EDIT***

Ok Bug request entered...Bug #66
I was on a 2 hour call yesterday. sitting, standing and laying down and never lost connection caused by the proximity sensor. and no I wasn't on bluetooth or headset : )

How did you install Sapphire ROM Manager of SPRecovery?

mph122074

Reaction score
its not that you lose connectivity, its that the screen comes back on and you can touch things on the screen...basically making you hit things on the screen while you are on the phone and no supposed to be able to...

I just tested it again and if you take your finger and hold it over the top left part of the phone you will see the screen go black...if you hold it there and move the phone around you will see the light come back on here and there...its not supposed to be like that...maybe my phone is just defective but this has never happened before...

Oh and I did this through CL about 4 days ago...

tonyr0802

Reaction score
I was hoping to avoid a wipe if I could, just got things set up. I'm currently running Kangerade407, I thought we were able to go from one Froyo ROM to another without wiping. I'm sure the answer is for me to wipe and see how that works out, I'll debate if it's worth it to me or not. Thanks for the replies.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was hoping to avoid a wipe if I could, just got things set up. I'm currently running Kangerade407, I thought we were able to go from one Froyo ROM to another without wiping. I'm sure the answer is for me to wipe and see how that works out, I'll debate if it's worth it to me or not. Thanks for the replies.

make a nandroid, try without wipe, of no go. restore.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just tested it again and if you take your finger and hold it over the top left part of the phone you will see the screen go black...if you hold it there and move the phone around you will see the light come back on here and there...its not supposed to be like that...maybe my phone is just defective but this has never happened before...

Oh and I did this through CL about 4 days ago...
just did your test..my proximity sensor works as expected....

You may want to flash SPRecovery and install that way. CW/ROM Manager is sketchy with 2.2 right now

Deuel

Reaction score
just did your test..my proximity sensor works as expected....

You may want to flash SPRecovery and install that way. CW/ROM Manager is sketchy with 2.2 right now

CK...I can confirm the sensor works for me as well.

I use ROM Manager to download, but have found that the automated installs are quirky on 2.2. I download the ROM and all options and cancel install. Then I boot to recovery and manually install from the download directories. This has worked perfectly flashing 2.2 ROM's so far.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tedds Droid Tools will help the prox sensor issue.

mph122074

Reaction score
Well Cereal, let me first start by saying, I watch all the forums and I have learned and lots about what I do from a lot of people including you... and if there is one thing that sticks out in my mind more than anything else I have learned here, it is that you don't like clockwork and you always push sp recovery on everyone...

While I don't share your passion for sp recovery, I do respect your opinion...

That being said, I have not had any other problems with this rom and I am sure I am not going nuts when I say the senser is not working like it used to... I am sure either one of two things has happened here...

1. Something in the sorce has caused the senser to not be as sensitive as it was before...

2. I have a defective senser...

If it is in the rom I have the bug accounted for and it can be looked into...

If it is on my end... it won't matter cause I will have a Droid X in 11 days...

Either way I win...

btb103

Reaction score
Is the gapps fix in the OP meant to replace the Market sync and/or voice search and location apps fixes on the main website?

In other words, if I install .7 right now, do I need to flash the Market sync fix (if there are problems), the voice search/location apps fix, AND the gapps fix?

tonyr0802

Reaction score
Well, I restored a backup to get root again and followed that with a Sapphire install I downloaded from the first page of this thread. Once again I lost root, going back to a backup once again. Anyone else having issues with losing root? Does it matter if I'm using CW or SPR when installing this ROM?

Someone was hving the same problem on alldroid. Try a /data wipe. It worked for him

Doesn't matter if you use CW or SPR, either one should work fine. Try opening up the Superuser app and see if any applications are listed. What happens when you type "su" at a terminal emulator prompt? Have you tried erasing /data when installing? What were you previously running?

make a nandroid, try without wipe, of no go. restore.

I've done the without wipe twice (once from ROM Mgr, once from the post in this link) and both times I lost SU access.

I installed it a third time and did a wipe, worked fine this time. Disappointed to have to set things back up, but judging from feedback on this rom, and that the Black Glass theme is ported to it, I may be happy that I did the extra work.

mightybrick

Reaction score
Well Cereal, let me first start by saying, I watch all the forums and I have learned and lots about what I do from a lot of people including you... and if there is one thing that sticks out in my mind more than anything else I have learned here, it is that you don't like clockwork and you always push sp recovery on everyone...

While I don't share your passion for sp recovery, I do respect your opinion...

That being said, I have not had any other problems with this rom and I am sure I am not going nuts when I say the senser is not working like it used to... I am sure either one of two things has happened here...

1. Something in the sorce has caused the senser to not be as sensitive as it was before...

2. I have a defective senser...

If it is in the rom I have the bug accounted for and it can be looked into...

If it is on my end... it won't matter cause I will have a Droid X in 11 days...

Either way I win...
This is a known issue with 2.2 builds. Chevy has included a fix for this in the SS Froyo builds. I still love sapphire though.

trebb

Reaction score
My market keeps force closing when I'm not using it. It's annoying. It works when I'm using it, but when I exit out of it, it FCs a few times. Any ideas?

btb103

Reaction score
Is the gapps fix in the OP meant to replace the Market sync and/or voice search and location apps fixes on the main website?

In other words, if I install .7 right now, do I need to flash the Market sync fix (if there are problems), the voice search/location apps fix, AND the gapps fix?

Nevermind, I just realized that the gapps fix in OP is the same file as the voice search/ location fix on the website... *face palm*