[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - X' started by phalstead, Jun 14, 2011.

1. James_W

James_W New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. Hope it works out for you. I've liked it so far.

2. meshdub

meshdub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @Blacksantron I'm just curious, what did you pay for the charger? I remember I was going to get it and it had a ridiculous price at Verizon. Ended up ordering a legit Motorola charger from Amazon for like 4 or 5 bucks :D

3. Blacksantron

Blacksantron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Darn. 5 bucks?! Unfortunately I don't have time to wait for shipping as I'm leaving sooooon. Anyways.
    The car dock alone was priced at 39.99 (i complained that that was a bit much for some plastic and a suction cup. Lady seemed to agree.) I stated that I went on the motorola website and they had docks with a charger for 49.99 (i made that up :) ) so now I'm looking at 39.99 for the dock and 29.99 for the charger (charger is coooooool though. Can do two devices at once)
    I hemmed and hawed a bit saying I couldn't justify that crazy price. She then said well, "i can offer 25% off if you buy 2 items." (which would bring it closer to my made up price of 49.99) I said ok lets do it. While at the register she looked over my account and said she "found more discounts." I said "i like discounts." she brought my total to 51.69 for the dock and charger.
    Yeah still alot to me but I feel alright haggling vzw, the bastards. :p

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @1.25

4. Gerane

Gerane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, got my SD card problem fixed. Had to tranfer everything off, reformat it, then transfer everything back. Back to working now.

Am running the 35 nightly, and am having terrible battery life. After 4 hours I was down to 5% battery. 4 hour battery life with normal usage. Normally get 20-30 hours at the same usage amount running a different rom. I am even running less apps and widgets. Im hoping it gets better, as this battery life is going to be rough.

Btw, if anyone wants to know, im not OCing or anything like that.

5. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! Thought mine was bad. I am getting 10% per hour with medium to lite usage. Love the ROM, but battery life may cause me to switch. I install each nightlie in hopes that it will improve. May have to try Chevy's new build once it is done.

6. barski

barski Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also on nightly 35 and the battery life is worse than 34, but better than 33.

Right now im at 8hours 1 minute and sitting at 39%, with light use. cell stand by again is at 66%.

If you want good battery life go to 34.

7. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I was about to upgrade to 35 from 34, but I guess I'll wait.

CM74DX

8. Chillout

Chillout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would hardly say that battery life on 34 is great, or even good. I don't think there has been anything good about battery life on this rom yet since it dropped. Everything else about it is awesome though, no question.

I think I'll wait for a bit to do 35 though anyways.

9. Gerane

Gerane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the rom is amazing. Can't wait for battery life to start evening out. I have had some issues with my gallery. FC on me 3 times in a row earlier.

I will say, that other than battery life, this one blows liberty, apex and othe rroms out of the water.

I could never use gummyjar or liberty. Something with the base of those 2 roms caused multple reboots a day. Just did not agree with my DX. Sometiems I was getting 10+ reboots a day. Why i usually stuck with Apex, even though as a rom, I preferred Liberty.

So far on CM7, ive had 1 reboot, and it was caused by trying to browse my gallery.

10. Blacksantron

Blacksantron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok... A statement about battery life... Just purchased the car dock and car charger today. Used it from home to work with navigation. 12 miles. Started with 82%. Ended with 79%. All the time on charge. If this doesn't get fixed soon ill have to revert back to stock for the duration of my 2600 mile road trip next week.
    Shame really. Cause I love me some cm7

Edit: I think ill try battery saver profile in quickclock on the way home instead of high speed. See if that helps.. I don't really care if it charges much in the car. But I can't lose charge on a trip that long.

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @1.25

#814 Blacksantron, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  11. Antob125

Antob125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was the sun beaming on it? I noticed when it's really sunny/hot out my phone on the car dock doesn't seem to hold charge. On the other hand when it's cool out and sun isn't directly beaming on the phone is charges fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. bright2018

bright2018 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about your job. Does the liberty toolbox work on cm7? I've been afraid to try!

Sent from my Cyanogenated DROIDX

Search tags for this page
[beta] cyanogenmod 7 for the droid x
cm-7.1.0-rc0-droidx-kang-signed.zip
cyanogenmod 7

cyanogenmod 7 camera fix

cyanogenmod 7 for the droid x
cyanogenmod 7.1.0 rc0 shadow .zip
droid x cyanogenmod 7
motorola droid x2 flash crygogen modfrom pc windows7

update-cm-7.1.0-rc0-droidx-kang-signed-monster.zip

update-cm-7.1.0-rc0-droidx-kang-signed.zip