[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

1dtms

Reaction score
My only issue with that is that i dont any a computer that i can use where I can get access to administrative rights. Doesn't require that you install a program such as ADB or something?

What else can I do, I have a computer just no administrative access.

Antob125

Reaction score
My only issue with that is that i dont any a computer that i can use where I can get access to administrative rights. Doesn't require that you install a program such as ADB or something?

Ask a friend or family member maybe? I beleive there was a SBF flashable zip file that was made once but im not sure. If you can't then follow the directions for tbh install to a T

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Antob125

Reaction score
Seriously though you gotta have access to a computer when installing a rom in general because things can always go wrong and you need SBF so you can get you phone up and running just in case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1dtms

Reaction score
I guess I can try and ask a friend...
In the mean time. I tried everything again, except this time in addition to mounting the system I mounted the cache and data.
No error messages this time. Do you think its okay that I mounted cache and data (of course i cleared everything before installing/mount)

After that I immediately installed the nightly build #47 and then the all in one fix after that.

Do you think its okay?

Last edited:

chefb

Reaction score

I've been on that boat...I got my phone in to a bad boot loop and could not fix it until I Got a laptop.......ended up paying for a replacement (80$.. now 90) and now I have two phones!!pretty cool though. One I test themes and roms on the other rocks the more stable Roms....only one is activated the others works on wifi. Cm7,and liberty....anyone care to guess which one is more stable?

chefb

Reaction score
I guess I can try and ask a friend...
In the mean time. I tried everything again, except this time in addition to mounting the system I mounted the cache and data.
No error messages this time. Do you think its okay that I mounted cache and data (of course i cleared everything before installing/mount)

After that I immediately installed the nightly build #47 and then the all in one fix after that.

Do you think its okay?

Flashing with no way to fix a bootloop is like doing a prostitute with out condoms ......the first time you may not get burned.....2nd,3rd,4th......but sooner or later....you'll be "positive"....and a$$ed out!

1dtms

Reaction score
Well everything seems to work at the moment. As I said, I redid the all in one installer and this time no Radio error message.

It looks like right now google is backing up my apps from liberty since I think I had select it to back up stuff on google servers.

So some questions,
Is there a way to disable/uninstall certain apps that came with CM?
For example, I dont use the messaging system (I use google voice). I also dont use the native music player, (I use google music). And some others I dont want, is there a way for me to remove them?

1dtms

Reaction score
Cool thanks TBu worked.
I removed car dock, messaging, music player, and a few others.

Those things shouldnt affect my 3g right?

1dtms

Reaction score
Cool thanks TBu worked.

No

CM74DX

Thanks for your help and guidance. I think CM7 will become my new primary rom from now on. So when im flashing a new nightly build. What do you recommend wiping? is just Delivk fine? Because it would be a pain to set up my home screen everytime after a new nightly build.

Also a few things I notice, in the power options widget, they have options for 3g/2g and many more.
How do I access those options without going through power widget?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks TBu worked.

No

CM74DX

Thanks for your help and guidance. I think CM7 will become my new primary rom from now on. So when im flashing a new nightly build. What do you recommend wiping? is just Delivk fine? Because it would be a pain to set up my home screen everytime after a new nightly build.

Also a few things I notice, in the power options widget, they have options for 3g/2g and many more.

Just wipe cache and dalvik cache when you flash. No need to wipe data.

All the stuff in the power widget can be accessed through settings.

CM74DX

1dtms

Reaction score
No

CM74DX

CM74DX

dalvik and cache kk, ill remember that.

and i just went through every option in settings and in CM settings, couldnt find anything as detailed as the options in the power widgets. Any ideas?

REDandBLACKpack

Reaction score
How can I get my GPS to work again. For some reason it used to work on just CM7 but then quit working and this may have been due to flashing a nightly. I have flashed 21 and 40 and am still currently on 40. google maps/navigation can not find my location. When I flashed the TBH CM7 I never got a radio error either.

Everything else has worked great! I haven't posted a lot on this forum but have gained a lot by reading so thanks to everyone who posts

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

dalvik and cache kk, ill remember that.

and i just went through every option in settings and in CM settings, couldnt find anything as detailed as the options in the power widgets. Any ideas?

Just reread your post. For some reason I thought you were talking about the notification bar toggles.

I am not sure how to get to the power control settings short of deleting the widget and re-adding it. I'll have to play with it some more.

CM74DX