[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can I get my GPS to work again. For some reason it used to work on just CM7 but then quit working and this may have been due to flashing a nightly. I have flashed 21 and 40 and am still currently on 40. google maps/navigation can not find my location. When I flashed the TBH CM7 I never got a radio error either.

Everything else has worked great! I haven't posted a lot on this forum but have gained a lot by reading so thanks to everyone who posts

There is a GPS fix you can try. I thought it was included in the later nightlies, but it may not be.
http://db.tt/qwPNvSq

Since you are on an old nightly, you might try flashing the newest one which is 48. It has a bunch of changes over yours like Android 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.4. GPS works on mine too.

CM74DX

REDandBLACKpack

Reaction score
How can I get my GPS to work again. For some reason it used to work on just CM7 but then quit working and this may have been due to flashing a nightly. I have flashed 21 and 40 and am still currently on 40. google maps/navigation can not find my location. When I flashed the TBH CM7 I never got a radio error either.

Everything else has worked great! I haven't posted a lot on this forum but have gained a lot by reading so thanks to everyone who posts

There is a GPS fix you can try. I thought it was included in the later nightlies, but it may not be.
http://db.tt/qwPNvSq

Since you are on an old nightly, you might try flashing the newest one which is 48. It has a bunch of changes over yours like Android 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.4. GPS works on mine too.

CM74DX
Thanks I will probably try going to the newest nightly first. I too though that it had been fixed in a nightly but maybe it didn't work for some reason on my phone.

I have been hesitant about flashing nightlies because it seems like I get stuck trying to get into recovery but perhaps I am just not waiting long enough. My phone will be on the white Motorola logo for awhile and I end up SBFing and reinstalling cm7 and then the nightly. I guess I will try and wait longer tonight.

barski

Reaction score
I just did a clean install of 48 and all I can say is WOW. Coming from 43, 48 is amazingly smooth responsive.

Sent from my DROIDX

jonlutz217

Reaction score
has battery gotten ANY better yet? last nightly i was on was like the mid 20's

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just did a clean install of 48 and all I can say is WOW. Coming from 43, 48 is amazingly smooth responsive.

Sent from my DROIDX

48 is definitely very nice. I like it.

I came from 45

CM74DX

barski

Reaction score
Is there a way to get into the program menu. it used to be ###program but now it just dials out. Any info on this i missed?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't think you can access it any longer. Are you trying to change the vocorder?

CM74D2

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Wow... 49 is going to be a significant nightly...

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Looks like camera been fixed in the new build but not sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TeeX

Reaction score
just flashed #50 (they seemed to have skipped 49?). Torch still broke, but 1% works of course, mms works of course. Forgot to check camera before I flashed razor's all in one zip. Otherwise, seems perfectly fine so far :)