[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend downloading the Linux Live SBF image and making a CD. It makes it almost impossible for sbf to mess up.

Did you download the current Motorola drivers for the X?

CM74DX

Antob125

Reaction score
when I first flashed CM7 I had the same issue. I did some research and found that if you dial *22898 (I think that's it if I remember) it will auto activate and bypass the need for a keypad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an issue. Somehow, my phone now has an updated version of Clockwork installed. Its yellowish gold instead of green. My problem is, some of my zip files wont flash. It says that some support has been disabled and the installation has been aborted.

I can't flash the new market zip or the GPS fix.

I tried flashing an older version of recovery 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.5, but its the same thing. Any help?

CM74DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got it fixed. The newest versions won't install old zip files.
Go into ROM Manager and select flash clockwork recovery. Select Droid X, not Droid X 2nd init. It will say success. Then hit reboot into recovery. You will now have the older green CWR installed.

CM74DX

HenryAMR

Reaction score
Thank you all for you help. Have to wait till tomorrow to try it now. Another question....my wife is getting a new droid x tomorrow and she wants this awesomness on her phone as well. With all the new updates that verizon has made with gingerbread and no wifi tether stuff can I still flash this rom and are there any different steps?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just get her X to Froyo by sbf'ing. After that, root and flash.

I gotta say, that's pretty cool. Most girls (atleast the ones I know), aren't interested in Modding or anything like that.

CM74DX

HenryAMR

Reaction score

I gotta say, that's pretty cool. Most girls (atleast the ones I know), aren't interested in Modding or anything like that.

CM74DX

She loves this stuff! Anyway...so don't use the newest 2.3.340 version then? I need to sbf back one level?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

She loves this stuff! Anyway...so don't use the newest 2.3.340 version then? I need to sbf back one level?

If you are on 2.3.340, you are good to go. The new Droid X's and the Verizon refurbs are being shipped out with the Gingerbread OTA already installed. That's why I mentioned having to sbf.

CM74DX

HenryAMR

Reaction score

CM74DX

If you are on 2.3.340, you are good to go. The new Droid X's and the Verizon refurbs are being shipped out with the Gingerbread OTA already installed. That's why I mentioned having to sbf.

CM74DX

Gotcha. Thank you so much!

HenryAMR

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the nightlies and how to install/flash them? I am at a total loss Thank you!

zoe

Reaction score
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=cdma_shadow

dl the nightlies from here, update rom manager with latest clockwork if you haven't already, version 4.0....something, it'll show gold text if it's the correct version.
in cwr flash the nightly after making a backup, then wipe dalvik under advanced (wipe data and cache if it's the first time you're flashing cm7), reboot

[insert_here]

Antob125

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the nightlies and how to install/flash them? I am at a total loss Thank you!

Check stickies on rootzwiki forum under dronx development. Walkthrough found there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk