[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was about to upgrade to 35 from 34, but I guess I'll wait.

CM74DX

Chillout

Reaction score
I would hardly say that battery life on 34 is great, or even good. I don't think there has been anything good about battery life on this rom yet since it dropped. Everything else about it is awesome though, no question.

I think I'll wait for a bit to do 35 though anyways.

Gerane

Reaction score
Yeah, the rom is amazing. Can't wait for battery life to start evening out. I have had some issues with my gallery. FC on me 3 times in a row earlier.

I will say, that other than battery life, this one blows liberty, apex and othe rroms out of the water.

I could never use gummyjar or liberty. Something with the base of those 2 roms caused multple reboots a day. Just did not agree with my DX. Sometiems I was getting 10+ reboots a day. Why i usually stuck with Apex, even though as a rom, I preferred Liberty.

So far on CM7, ive had 1 reboot, and it was caused by trying to browse my gallery.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Ok... A statement about battery life... Just purchased the car dock and car charger today. Used it from home to work with navigation. 12 miles. Started with 82%. Ended with 79%. All the time on charge. If this doesn't get fixed soon ill have to revert back to stock for the duration of my 2600 mile road trip next week.
Shame really. Cause I love me some cm7

Edit: I think ill try battery saver profile in quickclock on the way home instead of high speed. See if that helps.. I don't really care if it charges much in the car. But I can't lose charge on a trip that long.

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @1.25

Last edited:

Antob125

Reaction score
Ok... A statement about battery life... Just purchased the car dock and car charger today. Used it from home to work with navigation. 12 miles. Started with 82%. Ended with 79%. All the time on charge. If this doesn't get fixed soon ill have to revert back to stock for the duration of my 2600 mile road trip next week.

Edit: I think ill try battery saver profile in quickclock on the way home instead of high speed. See if that helps.. I don't really care if it charges much in the car. But I can't lose charge on a trip that long.

Was the sun beaming on it? I noticed when it's really sunny/hot out my phone on the car dock doesn't seem to hold charge. On the other hand when it's cool out and sun isn't directly beaming on the phone is charges fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bright2018

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the pull down text? I tried Liberty Toolbox but it doesn't work. I thought maybe CM7 would have a setting somewhere or something.

I also was wondering about changing the lockscreen theme.

CM74DX

you can use Root Tools from jrummy. It's great :)
Thats ok. I already bought Liberty Toolbox Pro, so I don't want to have to buy another program to do what Toolbox Pro should do. That and I just got laid off today, so I don't want to spend anymore money on my phone.

Sorry to hear about your job. Does the liberty toolbox work on cm7? I've been afraid to try!

Sent from my Cyanogenated DROIDX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can use Root Tools from jrummy. It's great :)
Thats ok. I already bought Liberty Toolbox Pro, so I don't want to have to buy another program to do what Toolbox Pro should do. That and I just got laid off today, so I don't want to spend anymore money on my phone.

Sorry to hear about your job. Does the liberty toolbox work on cm7? I've been afraid to try!

Thanks man. The only thing I have gotten to work is the boot logo changer. Pull down text changer and other stuff doesn't work. You might try the free version of the toolbox. I know on Justice, the Pro toolbox wouldn't work but the free version did.

CM74DX

bright2018

Reaction score

Thanks man. The only thing I have gotten to work is the boot logo changer. Pull down text changer and other stuff doesn't work. You might try the free version of the toolbox. I know on Justice, the Pro toolbox wouldn't work but the free version did.

CM74DX

Hmmm...that's odd! You'd think they pro version would be the one that worked...especially considering you pay for it!

Blacksantron

Reaction score

Was the sun beaming on it? I noticed when it's really sunny/hot out my phone on the car dock doesn't seem to hold charge. On the other hand when it's cool out and sun isn't directly beaming on the phone is charges fine.

Actually the sun was beaming right on it the whole way there. Set it to battery saver for the ride home. Same conditions (navigation and all) and it charged great! Now I don't know if it was cause I was overclocked on the way to work or if its the sun... Guess ill find out on the way there tomorrow morning... Odd

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Actually the sun was beaming right on it the whole way there. Set it to battery saver for the ride home. Same conditions (navigation and all) and it charged great! Now I don't know if it was cause I was overclocked on the way to work or if its the sun... Guess ill find out on the way there tomorrow morning... Odd

I would probably go back to stock CPU speed while in the dock and see if that works

CM74DX

Blacksantron

Reaction score

I would probably go back to stock CPU speed while in the dock and see if that works

CM74DX

Yeah I think it will... Man this car dock is so sweet. Can't wait to try plugging this thing into my stereo while navigating for the drive to new york... I love my phone! I used to spend days burning "road trip cds" for my drive to ny every year. No longer! My girl will be in the passenger seat with her iphone. For 24 hours she will be witness to my power!

Antob125

Reaction score

Yea the heat I think has a lot to do with it. Yea man its sweet I use my phone for sirius radio and gps at the same time. It's great!

Gerane

Reaction score
I've never had the best luck with OCing. I've used multiple apps to detemine the best settings etc, just does not mesh well with my DX. Even at lowest settings i'll still get reboots. Hell, even get reboots when trying to underclock.

Gerane

Reaction score
once CM gets more stable, may dabble in it again. whats the best OC app now a days?