[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

chiruscan

Reaction score
Yeah actually a sticky with all the fixes and a link to the nightlies would be awesome.

razorloves

Reaction score
You rock, Razor! Thanks for all your contributions to our community! Is this just the 1% fix or are the others included in the file (camcorder, camera, etc.). I ask because I have to reflash the fixes after flashing new nightlies.

Mods, could we get a sticky page for Razor (presuming he's game) for his updates and fixes?
the answer you seek is in the first post of that thread

the only fixes you need after flashing cm7, are these 2 files
1% Battery Increment Fix for CM4DX
Camera/Camcorder/Torch Fix for CM4DX

thanks for the suggestion and gratitude. i just wouldnt have time to keep up with a thread over here.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
I still cannot send mms messages. Is there a fix for this?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I don't usually send mms messages but they were fixed in the nighties I'm pretty sure

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

razorloves

Reaction score
I still cannot send mms messages. Is there a fix for this?
MMS was only broken in nightlies 7 thru 13. If you've flashed a lot of nightlies and are experiencing problems thats others are not, it might be time to do a data wipe or sbf.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
it might be time to do a data wipe or sbf.

Definitely wipe unless you like reinstalling everything.
I usually wipe every 4-5 nightlies works great!

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

I completely wiped and installed CM from the all in one installer (I forget the name of the file - sorry) and then upgraded from there to I think Nightly 19 and have been installing each one.

I guess if I have time tonight I can SBF back to Froyo and manually put CM on the phone. Using the all in one installer was really nice and easy but something obviously isn't working right. I don't send SMS messages that often, but when I do, I'd like it to work. Thanks for the input everyone.

One other thing, since we are on the topic of flashing - I have a zip to flash the radio back to .12 - has anyone in this forum done that yet? Is there any benefit to doing this?

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I've asked this before but forgot about it til I tried again... I'm experimenting with themes and found one I kinda dig. Except I like one battery icon... Using metamorph I swap out many things fine so long as it doesnt modify framework.res... Thid used to work ok before I went to cm7. Any idea why I can't modify framework?

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROIDX @1.25

gimlet72

Reaction score
I've asked this before but forgot about it til I tried again... I'm experimenting with themes and found one I kinda dig. Except I like one battery icon... Using metamorph I swap out many things fine so long as it doesnt modify framework.res... Thid used to work ok before I went to cm7. Any idea why I can't modify framework?

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROIDX @1.25

I have not tried this but here is a thread on a program called zip theme, it can be downloaded from the market. You can try this to see if it helps.
[Morphs] Theme Chooser Add-ons: Lockscreens, Dialers, Boot Animations, Wallpapers - xda-developers

leonozug

Reaction score
Gotta say Nightly #25 is working great. I loaded it up yesterday and it's the best Nightly yet. Everything is working really smooth and fast, and the Vitreous theme I have on it is sweet. Loving it!!

Chillout

Reaction score
New to CM..when the nightlies come out, do they require a complete wipe/format to install or can you just download them and install?

leonozug

Reaction score
New to CM..when the nightlies come out, do they require a complete wipe/format to install or can you just download them and install?

If you are on CM7 now, just wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache when you install the nightlies. Works great for me.