Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbakewell1101

Reaction score

so i watched the google i/o and am a bit confused i have read through here and many tech news sources that 2.2 will have cloud to phone capability; however, when i watched the i/o and i thought that was going to be after froyo?

Champers

Reaction score
Official Froyo for the N1 on Google now
android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip
Open that update and you will find
Code:
system/app/Twitter.apk

Forcing Facebook on EVERYONE is bad enough, but if you think you are pushing Twitter to my phone, you've got another thing coming Google!

BIGWORM

Reaction score
I was able to push the twitter apk to my phone just fine. Nice little title animation.

Champers

Reaction score
Official Froyo for the N1 on Google now
android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip
Open that update and you will find
Code:
system/app/Twitter.apk
Forcing Facebook on EVERYONE is bad enough, but if you think you are pushing Twitter to my phone, you've got another thing coming Google!

I was able to push the twitter apk to my phone just fine. Nice little title animation.

Twitter is already available in the Market, has been for a while. I'm saying that I'm pissed that more useless software (Goggles, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon MP3) is going to clutter my phone.

BIGWORM

Reaction score
Understandable. Though, you can always uninstall it. Though, you probably already knew that.

Though.

Champers

Reaction score
Can't just uninstall the normal way when they push it as a system application. Gotta get into more complicated methods that most people don't understand.

Droid101

Reaction score
Motorola is now confirming froyo in the near future for the Droid

Head over to Droid life to check it out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droids

Reaction score
Looks like Flash is not included with Froyo, but once Froyo is installed you can get Flash from either the market or adobe's site.

Froyo for rooted N1 phones... should be available shortly.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the new feature of storing apps to SD will impact speed of use for the applications stored on SD vs internal memory. Will there be a significant and observable difference in use?

I know some have answered this for you already....but I'm on Amazon pricing Class 6 and Class 10 SD Cards already...
Don't waste your money. The microsd bus on the droid is limited to approximately the speed of class 2 cards. You can insert higher class cards, but the transfer speed will be limited.

Thanks for the info.

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
All this talk about whether or not Flash is included in FroYo is driving me nuts. I don't recall them ever saying it was part of it. I believe they said support for flash was included. That means that we can get it if we choose. Although, I don't know why someone would not choose to have it. Anyway, it doesn't matter if it is included or not. Point is you get it for free from the market once you get FroYo.

The whole not including it bit could be an attempt by Google to not release it until it is fully ready. That way they don't take the blame for it not working properly. The way it is now as a beta from Adobe, puts the fault for imperfections right back on Adobe.

Now for some begging......

I am leaving to deploy in two days......so no update for me unless the stars allign (which a quick check of my google sky map tells me is no time soon). As soon as someone gets this, please pull the update zip and get it posted in here, so I can download it over wifi at my deployed location. I'd hate to never receive FroYo, cuz I was out of the country until pumpie comes out (Thats short for pumpkin pie).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All this talk about whether or not Flash is included in FroYo is driving me nuts. I don't recall them ever saying it was part of it. I believe they said support for flash was included. That means that we can get it if we choose. Although, I don't know why someone would not choose to have it. Anyway, it doesn't matter if it is included or not. Point is you get it for free from the market once you get FroYo.

The whole not including it bit could be an attempt by Google to not release it until it is fully ready. That way they don't take the blame for it not working properly. The way it is now as a beta from Adobe, puts the fault for imperfections right back on Adobe.

I am leaving to deploy in two days......so no update for me unless the stars allign (which a quick check of my google sky map tells me is no time soon). As soon as someone gets this, please pull the update zip and get it posted in here, so I can download it over wifi at my deployed location. I'd hate to never receive FroYo, cuz I was out of the country until pumpie comes out (Thats short for pumpkin pie).
Not to worry. It usually doesn't happen on the first release because it's very limited. But by day 2 someone will have it. :)

You take care of yourself. Come home safe.

necronomican

Reaction score
On XDA forum they have already rooted 2.2 for nexus one and even have it in a update.zip file..hopefully this means they are close to porting it to the droid...dancedroid

LrdElderon

Reaction score

Flash is NOT included with froyo but once you have froyo installed it's available for download from adobes site and the market I believe, but it says beta so I'm not sure how much hardware acceleration it is using ahh well.

necronomican

Reaction score
No only the beta will be available ..they already said the full version of flash doesnt come out till june or july...

Status
Not open for further replies.