Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4UPD

Reaction score
Is Flash 10.1 coming with the 2.2 update or is it coming after the 2.2 update as a seperate OTA update?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be separate. Someone a few pages back posted it being in the Market. It wont show right now tho, you need to have 2.2 installed. And you could go to Adobe site on your phone and get it, after you have 2.2 installed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be separate. Someone a few pages back posted it being in the Market. It wont show right now tho, you need to have 2.2 installed. And you could go to Adobe site on your phone and get it, after you have 2.2 installed.

I wouldn't say it's impossible not to get Flash at the same time. We will have to hear from N1 people to see what they are getting today. The install would probably reboot twice, once for the update and then once for the install.

Everything I've seen so far seems to indicate that it is included in the update. A quick google gives me this: Android 2.2 Froyo Unveiled ? Official Features List - Android 2.2, android 2.2 features, android 2.2 froyo, android 2.2 video, download android 2.2, google - Technically Personal!.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
2.2 seems to be a bigger jump from 2.1 than 2.1 was from 2.0
Well, thank you captain obvious.
dissin' my own posts :)
NEED MORE SLEEP

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
2.2 seems to be a bigger jump from 2.1 than 2.1 was from 2.0
Well, thank you captain obvious.
dissin' my own posts :)
NEED MORE SLEEP

One would think so, but Engadget concludes otherwise...

"...As with every prior release since 1.5, Android 2.2 is a collection of minor tweaks -- there's nothing in Froyo that screams "revolution" when taken alone. But perhaps more than any version before it, 2.2 could prove to be greater than the sum of its changes, simply because it directly addresses a fistful of annoyances that could've easily been keeping Android-powered hardware out of many would-be buyers' hands. In other words, Android 2.2 is going to be the most usable Android yet -- now, the onus is on manufacturers to deliver hardware to match, and if phones like the EVO 4G are any indication, they're likely up to the challenge."

Android 2.2 Froyo: everything you ever wanted to know -- Engadget

King_Bean

Reaction score
Well, I firmly disagree with Engadget. The ability to save apps to the SD card is a HUGE deal, especially with regards to game development. That alone is enough to certify this Yogurt release as a "big deal" (and that's just ONE of the new features). 2.1 was a very significant update but 2.2 is, as well.

brando56894

Reaction score
I just got up at 11 and I was sitting here watching tv and checked engadget on my droid and saw that N1's have gotten froyo over night and it woke me right up! Let the custom roms begin! :D

ChefGregg89

Reaction score
this is Joke???

[video=youtube;1ONTdi4mUTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ONTdi4mUTc]YouTube - FROYO PREVIEW FOR MYTOUCH/G1!!!!![/video]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm a little skeptical of the whole thing. (2.2 roll-out)

I can't see them releasing this out to the masses so soon. The SDK was just released.

I'm sure by days end we will hear some legit explanation of the few updates that went out.

Right now, I wouldn't be so sure the roll-out is starting.

edit: plus it was already announced that the release was a few weeks out and now they begin rolling it out? No way....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.