Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, American consumers' addiction to credit dovetails nicely with carriers' desire to lock consumers into long term contracts and reduce competition.

And therein lies the source of most of America's economic issues...from consumer to government.

victorythagr8

Reaction score
We didn't get updates all the time back then because we didn't live in a "beta" world. However items, even electronic ones, were more basic back then. And nowadays, if you can't deliver a product quickly, even if it isn't 100% ready, then you're already way behind the competition. Regardless of what a contract says, it is pretty much implied that constant evolution of a product is guaranteed, particularly for a higher end product.

Could you imagine that the PS3 would still be selling if it was the exact same product it was when it first released or if they only provided new firmware only if you bought a new PS3?

PS3 is a very bad example.

PS3 is the only system i know increases sales from taking away stuff on both firmware and hardware.

The launch PS3 came out with full ps2 backward compatibility, ability to install linux which sony heavily promoted.
Fast foward and now ps3 doesnt play ps2 games at all and just recently sony just took out the abilitiy to install linux and if you dont accept the update that sony will prevent you from signing in on PSN network. I know i was mad when sony took out a feature on my ps3 something that they promoted when it first came out.

Xbox 360 is a better example since they havent take a feature yet.

rlb

Reaction score
With 2.2 ask out I wonder if anyone will be able to hack flash for 2.1 devices?

Last edited by a moderator:

rkeller62

Reaction score
No, the SDK is for devs to use to write apps, we need the 2.2 source tree released before any roms can include 2.2 features.

Darkseider

Reaction score
With 2.2 ask out I wonder if anyone will be able to hack flash for 2.1 devices?

I also said he mods here are edited by moderator.

Didn't we have the ability to edit our own posts at some point?

Yes we do have the ability to edit our posts but NOT in the "News" section of the forum which this thread happens to be in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Import roller

Reaction score
Im sure this has already been answered, but I'm not gonna search through 577 posts to try to find it.

1: how do I update to 2.2?

2: (im a newb to this) is Froyo a rooted OS, or is it something to use on the stock phone? (I'm still trying to learn and understand all the rooting info, so some of my comments and questions maybe very stupid in nature)

3: is there a link of how to update my 2.1 to 2.2 (couldn't find a thread for the update)

Gremlin

Reaction score
Im sure this has already been answered, but I'm not gonna search through 577 posts to try to find it.

2: (im a newb to this) is Froyo a rooted OS, or is it something to use on the stock phone? (I'm still trying to learn and understand all the rooting info, so some of my comments and questions maybe very stupid in nature)

3: is there a link of how to update my 2.1 to 2.2 (couldn't find a thread for the update)

Hold your horses :p

1) You will have to wait for Verizon to do an OTA (Over the air) update..

Developers have not received the rom (I can be wrong) for them to root your phone..

2) Froyo is a new update to the OS for your phone.. It is not a rooted OS

3) Verizon will let you know how to do it when they release it for the public..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. You wait like the rest of us. :)

2. No, Froyo is not rooted

3. No, not yet. It has to be released first.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear TCBY has a copy...
:rating01:

jhom

Reaction score
I'm wondering how the new feature of storing apps to SD will impact speed of use for the applications stored on SD vs internal memory. Will there be a significant and observable difference in use?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the new feature of storing apps to SD will impact speed of use for the applications stored on SD vs internal memory. Will there be a significant and observable difference in use?

no speed difference will be noticed... maybe a slight difference in initial loading speed. then again... we'll have JIT...

jhom

Reaction score

no speed difference will be noticed... maybe a slight difference in initial loading speed. then again... we'll have JIT...

That is good to hear.

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the update say that it was increasing spped by 4 and a half times?

Status
Not open for further replies.