[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyB3777

Reaction score
United States Chicagi, Illinois; Jackson/Quitman,
Should have mentioned that I tried that. It redirected me to the android market where the app is apparently unavailable. Again i have a droid 2 Verizon Wireless. Unless they give you a .apk if you visit them from a computer then I'm afraid I'm at a loss

It should be here...

Amazon app store now live... Offering Angry Birds RIO for free - Page 2 - xda-developers

Thank you. I was unaware that the amazon app was removed from the market ( it was there to my knowledge before i flashed LibertyGB. guess it was just perfect timing)

Any insight into my notification problem would be greatly appreciated. Also the call volume issue did return yesterday when i answered an incoming call. It was fixed by simply calling back.

wcramernc

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched this forum and found nothing, so please forgive me if this has already been addressed.

I just wiped and installed Liberty GB nightly v.08 and am having one problem. Even after going thru the Customizer (several times) and adding several accounts (Facebook, LastFM, Flickr, etc) and rebooted, NONE of them show up under Settings...Accounts...Add Account.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also tried fixing permissions, but it didn't fix it

EDIT2: Also, I checked under /system/app and I see blur_facebook.apk, blur_flickr.apk, etc listed, but they just do not show up in Settings...Accounts...Add Account.

CORRECTION: ONLY Facebook is not showing up in Accounts

wcramernc

Reaction score
Are you using the fb app?

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

Yes and no. I've tried it both with and without the facebook app. On other ROMs that have Blur, if you install the facebook app, when you go to Settings--Accounts--Add an account, you'll see 2 Facebook icons (1 for Blur and 1 for the app).

I prefer the Blur app, because it seems to sync my Facebook profile pics with my contacts better than the other facebook app. With the regular FB app, it keeps showing OLD FB profile pics.

I know...what a lame issue. ;)

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used the app and it synced fine.

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

JohnnyB3777

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched this forum and found nothing, so please forgive me if this has already been addressed.

I just wiped and installed Liberty GB nightly v.08 and am having one problem. Even after going thru the Customizer (several times) and adding several accounts (Facebook, LastFM, Flickr, etc) and rebooted, NONE of them show up under Settings...Accounts...Add Account.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also tried fixing permissions, but it didn't fix it

EDIT2: Also, I checked under /system/app and I see blur_facebook.apk, blur_flickr.apk, etc listed, but they just do not show up in Settings...Accounts...Add Account.

CORRECTION: ONLY Facebook is not showing up in Accounts

Try downloading the apps for each specific account (that is how i got facebook to show; twitter was already there, however, it was not functional and downloading the twitter app produced another twitter icon which did work)

So all in all a quick fix is to download each respective app and sign in and the check under accounts and see if they show up.

Hope that helps.

buzzard437

Reaction score
For some reason my texts won't send when there more that like 160 characters which isn't that big.. I use the handcent app but I tryed with the default texting app and they still won't send.. :/ help please! Liberty GB- V.8

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JohnnyB3777

Reaction score
For some reason my texts won't send when there more that like 160 characters which isn't that big.. I use the handcent app but I tryed with the default texting app and they still won't send.. :/ help please! Liberty GB- V.8

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

In Handcent there are settings where it splits your messages if the characters exceed 160 characters. That is necessary for certain mobile carriers such as Verizon. GoSMS also does the same

leakim13

Reaction score
Sill not able to load the blur launcher having tried every which way described above with no success, and i am also experiencing the same "accounts" issue. getting frustrated...

RoyaleTee

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a battery problem? The life is ridiculously short, and even when I turned off wi-fi today at 80% with task killer running, it was still down to 40% less than 3 hours later, without me even touching it in that time. Any suggestions?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Calibrate it. At least then the readout will be accurate. Then you can rule out faulty batt stats

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
cosmetically I was very pleased with this rom, loved the dark apps with ginger blur and gingercomb juiced theme, however was a bit laggy for me here and there, also after flashing this I had no touchscreen keyboard at all, normally i dont ever use it i just qwerty but the phone would freeze up for a few secs every time the keyboard would have normally "displayed". Instead of displaying a keyboard, half the screen would just go black..... also had numerous fc's with a few games i use, not sure if that was liberty or just the way I had it set up. Am currently flashing Apex to give that one a go.

wlrottge

Reaction score
I like it quite a LOT, but am having a couple of issues.

- Launcher Pro does not like GB, not sure who's not playing nice, but I have to restart LP if it does not FC on it's own. Apps list does not come up or it's dog slow to even load at first.

- Power Amp - unlocking the phone using the power amp unlock screen will reboot the phone one in six times ish.

- Contract killer won't run any more. FC on load.

- Please fix the colors on the contacts screen. Currently, numbers are light and you can't read the number type (home, mobile, etc).

Granted, some of these may be app issues, not LGB issues, but none the less.

thanks for the great work!:lifting:

JohnnyB3777

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a battery problem? The life is ridiculously short, and even when I turned off wi-fi today at 80% with task killer running, it was still down to 40% less than 3 hours later, without me even touching it in that time. Any suggestions?

Same here. I notice it like all the time (instead of charging my phone i just change batteries; i have 6 of them total and one battery charger). I see that i'm switching batteries more frequently, however, it's not a true problem as i have so many but at the same time i wish it did last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.