Liberty Bug Report Thread!

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
No dialer in landscape mode. Not a huge deal but just worth mentioning.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Rizzy99

Reaction score
hey all!

ive had this rom flashed since the day it came out never had any problems with it. now all day today im only receiving about 50 percent of any incoming calls. my phone will be locked and then begin to vibrate and ring, but the screen never turns on, and then while its still ringing and vibrating i can unlock the phone and use it as if there was no incoming call. I still have 3g and everything when the phone is ringing? im about to wipe data and reflash the rom. but before i do that can anyone offer any suggestions??

thanks!

Since i flashed the ROM Saturday, i have had several people say that they called me and i never recieved the calls as well. Haven't had this other problem though.

setyourgoals

Reaction score
hey all!

ive had this rom flashed since the day it came out never had any problems with it. now all day today im only receiving about 50 percent of any incoming calls. my phone will be locked and then begin to vibrate and ring, but the screen never turns on, and then while its still ringing and vibrating i can unlock the phone and use it as if there was no incoming call. I still have 3g and everything when the phone is ringing? im about to wipe data and reflash the rom. but before i do that can anyone offer any suggestions??

thanks!

Since i flashed the ROM Saturday, i have had several people say that they called me and i never recieved the calls as well. Haven't had this other problem though.

I couldn't find a fix, so i ended up wiping data and flashing again. Everythings all good now.

OP
Dustin.

Dustin.

Reaction score
hey all!

thanks!

I couldn't find a fix, so i ended up wiping data and flashing again. Everythings all good now.

Glad you found a fix, most of these bugs should be addressed in this up-coming release. Just be patient guys, and we'll be rolling smoothly again! ;)

On another not, another issue of the Liberty PDF will be released sometime either last this month, or sometime before February 10th.

armus

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to droid, coming over from WinMo on a TP2. Got Liberty right off the bat and been very happy. Only issue came up last night. I got a few emails with powerpoint attachments and couldn't do anything with em. The only option was to open the attachment - no way to save it as far as I could tell. And when I tried, it said "could no be displayed." So I was stuck until I found a PC that could get me email. Was a major letdown as I've always been ale to do this on winmo. I'm not sure if this is a droidissue or rom issue but seems that there should be some way to save attachments at least.

want a droid

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so forgive me if it has already been brought up, but:

Has anyone been having problems with the market?

If I try to download a Free app, it begins downloading, but then just disappears and when I go back to it in the market it still says Free as if I hadn't downloaded it yet. I won't be able to download a Free app until I reboot my phone. Eventually the problem will come back again.

Anyone got some help?

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I attached phone to computer and it started going into bootloop. I disabled USB debugging and then it stopped. Not sure if it's intentional, but it seems abnormal to me so here I am. :)

phoenixus

Reaction score
Is there a known issue with location services? Both twitter and tweetdeck don't pull up any nearby locations when I do a status update...and I just did a fresh install of everything, including the rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

I'm pretty new to droid, coming over from WinMo on a TP2. Got Liberty right off the bat and been very happy. Only issue came up last night. I got a few emails with powerpoint attachments and couldn't do anything with em. The only option was to open the attachment - no way to save it as far as I could tell. And when I tried, it said "could no be displayed." So I was stuck until I found a PC that could get me email. Was a major letdown as I've always been ale to do this on winmo. I'm not sure if this is a droidissue or rom issue but seems that there should be some way to save attachments at least.

Its a Droid issue. Its not designed to open office documents unless you have an office suite installed. Check out quick office or docs to go in the market

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

cloudn9ne

Reaction score
Since flashing this rom all of my internet downloads start and immediately fail.

Cwagmire

Reaction score
When I open the browser, google.com is my homepage but if I use the search bar on Google and try to search, nothing happens. I have to type in the url searchbar at the very top to search Google. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.

allyouhave

Reaction score
After a fresh install of Liberty 1.0, there is only 1 gallery app. When using the Camera app and clicking on the mini display of the last picture you've taken, it still opens up your single Gallery app.

However, just today for the first time, I was sending a text message and wanted to attach a picture--using Handcent, I hit the Menu Button > Attach > Pictures > Gallery (Camera). USUALLY I hit Gallery (Gallery), but I figured it would be faster this way.

Now in my app drawer, I have two Gallery apps right next to each other. The screen shots I've attached are from each of them, named accordingly. When I tried to uninstall the Gallery (Camera) app, because the Gallery (Gallery) app is superior with its UI, it brought up the delete app screen, but displayed the Camera app instead of the Gallery app that I long-held over the trash can.

I don't really get it.

Gallery (Camera) Screenshot | Gallery (Gallery) Screenshot | Uninstall Gallery (Camera) Screenshot | Uninstall Camera Screenshot

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Go to the Liberty toolbox>App Managment>Remove Apps>>Menu>Show all apps>Remove the Gallery you don't want>Yay!

allyouhave

Reaction score
Go to the Liberty toolbox>App Managment>Remove Apps>>Menu>Show all apps>Remove the Gallery you don't want>Yay!
I use Titanium Backup, so I can just freeze apps instead of permanently deleting them. But the problem is that the gallery I DON'T want is a part of the com.android.gallery--the name of that program is "Camera," NOT a separate gallery app. The gallery I DO want, I assume, is com.cooliris.media.

But I don't know why both Gallery apps show up NOW when they didn't previously.

Inverse

Reaction score
I'm not able to edit Facebook contacts on my phone ever since I switched to Liberty. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this on stock. Is it a Gummyjar issue or do I need to do something in settings somewhere?

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 <3